New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2011
    sensya npo kung nabuksan uli tong tread.. anyone pls. update me ngyn lang ako nagmember sa forum n to..may update nba tungkol sa palpak na cvt ng honda? or may nag complain nb sa honda? may recall ba sa cvt? im suffering too.. honda city 2004 cvt 1.5L

2. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    hope someone can tell me if wet type yung cvt or dry type? if dry type kasi you have to open up the CVT to clean it up but the problem will be fix thanks.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cruez3 View Post
    hope someone can tell me if wet type yung cvt or dry type? if dry type kasi you have to open up the CVT to clean it up but the problem will be fix thanks.
    What do you mean by dry type? walang CVT Fluid na kailangan?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    any updates on guys that have this issue?

mine is getting worse by the day pero this usually happens siguro for the first 5k-8k km after magpalit ng CVTF pero after nun bihira na mangyari.

one of the mechanics from greasebee recommended Dialysis Machine sa casa from the CVTF. then if hindi pa din makuha ung prob, ibababa na daw yung transmission to repair/replace clutch disks. anyone tried this before?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Ano na po kaya ang nangyari sa CVT ni Sir Suysuy? I have been backreading this thread for the whole day, it's like a long story na wala pa pong ending, hope to hear from you sir Suysuy,,,

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    bro, solenoid valve ata yung may prob sa kanya. naayos na and naibenta na niya din yung kotse.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    bro, solenoid valve ata yung may prob sa kanya. naayos na and naibenta na niya din yung kotse.
    thank you bro for the reply, it's good for him

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hello Guys,

Stumbled upon this site since I think I am encountering the same problems. I own a Honda City 2006 1.3S CVT which was bought last Feb 2008. My car is casa maintained up to now and recently went under a 80KM check up. I use my car for work (city driving as a Salesman, thus the high mileage) and occassionally, I go to out of town trips once or twice a year. This year, I have encountered major jerking problems. When I had my car serviced in Honda Pasig (Libis area) early this year (around March), they told me that the jerking is a result of a broken transmission support. I had it replaced together with the 60KM check up plus the replacement of the CVT fluid. The jerking apparently disappeared.

After a few months, the jerking came back! Since I am also up for a maintenance check up, I decided to go for 80KM maintenance check up (mileage is already at 76KM). I had the spark plugs replaced (8 pcs), Fluid Transmission CVT replaced (3 L) and the typical change oil, etc. I told the mechanic that the jerking in my car came back. They told me to have a diagnostic repair which cost me an additional P 1,512. Based on the diagnostic test, the mechanic said, I need to replace my ignition coil.

Since I am an average car user (I'm not familiar with all the parts and the repairs), I opted for a second opinion. The ignition coil estimate was around 6K each (plus additional labor). They said, I needed to replace two. I consulted my buddies and they told me that the replacement of the ignition coil is a drastic move (My friend's Lancer 95 had his ignition coil replaced 15 years after it was bought).

I went to another Honda Service Center in Farview. Upon the initial interview, the service center agent told me that the ignition coil is not at fault. They will do the diagnostic test to check the problem. The Initial finding is that the car is in need of cleaning: EGR Exhaust Gas Recirculation and the Throttle Body. After 2 days in the Service Center, my car is up for release. Diagnostic fee was waived off.

To make sure that it was really fixed, I had our driver test drive it the moment it was released. The jerking is still present! When you accelerate to the 2nd gear, the jerking is very prominent. When you reach the 3rd and 4th gear, the car runs smoothly. When you decrease the accerelation the go fast, the jerking happens. Upon the test drive, we also encountered stalling once. Good thing it did not lock while it was in D. We had it enter the casa again after 1 hour of test driving and its up for a back job. As of now, no updates yet on what really the problem is.

I need your help guys on this. Since I am in sales, I cannot afford to have a buggy vehicle. I hope this gets resolved.

Thanks in advance!

Read more: http://tsikot.com/forums/transmissio...#ixzz1cpolvtBn

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    may tanong po ako. jazz na 1.5 po yung amin. normal ba sa inyo na parang medyo nanginginig sya pag nagbbrake ng di ganun kagradual? kasi napansin ko po samin pag nagbbrake ka ng light na apak lang oks naman, pero pag medo abrupt na parang nanginginig. thanks.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by beefydog View Post
    may tanong po ako. jazz na 1.5 po yung amin. normal ba sa inyo na parang medyo nanginginig sya pag nagbbrake ng di ganun kagradual? kasi napansin ko po samin pag nagbbrake ka ng light na apak lang oks naman, pero pag medo abrupt na parang nanginginig. thanks.
    sir ABS at work ata yan

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Epic Failure Of My Honda City's CVT Transmission!