New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sad to hear that bro.

Sakin dati, after ko magpaflush ng CVTF, ganun din parang mas lumala yung pag judder pero after a few weeks, nawala din. ngayon sobrang bihira na lang mangyari pero i'm still planning to have it checked, wala lang time. :D

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredgomez View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread but am having dilemmas as well.

Bought a 2nd hand 2006 Honda City iDSI. Am experiencing a juddering sound when I shift to reverse. Mas madalas may sort of "trrrrrrr" sound when the aircon is turned on.

I had the CVTF flushed two weeks ago by Honda Kal but thing is there are times na naging mas malakas yung vibration pag idle and the judder pag reverse became more frequent after the flushing.

My mechanic replaced all engine and transmission supports. We bought the parts from Honda Otis. Since we assumed na supports lang ang problem since may crack na din sa rubber.

Ano po naging solutions sa problems niyo? Btw, the car is only at 38k kms. This is my first car and it's sad that I'm experiencing these problems this early.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    I am sorry to hear that, bro....

Wala pa akong nakikita ritong complete solution sa problema na iyan...

12.7K:fart1:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    My honda city 2005 cvt is starting to show this symtoms:
    1. Every morning when I start the car, the car jerks in D but not in R
    2. In normal driving, when I step on a gas from a full stop, the car seems no power.

What i do is: from a stop, let go of the brake pedal first, let it roll for a while, and then step on the gas. From an uphill and full stop, apply first the hand brake, release the brake pedal, step on the gas while releasing the hand brake. This minimize the chance of roll back of car.

3. The number 2 symptom seems more evident when driving at a very hot condition.
    4. It seems that number 1 symptom is more evident when the car is parked at a longer time.

Honda flushed the cvt twice and still manifest this symptom. They cant pin point the problem and no suggestion at all, because they know that the cvt cost 300k for replacement.

Search the internet and seems that the "start clutch" is the culprit. Am i possibly right? Is this "start clutch, replaceable or the whole cvt has to be replaced?

Is there a shop who overhauls cvt? I heard from my wife's fleet manager that someone or some shop here in Manila is doing it, but I think this is just a hearsay.

I will be following this thread. Thanks to all!

This is a quote from the article below:

"These clutches are pulsed on and off very frequently and are susceptible to failure. This can cause a variety of complaints, such as chatter on takeoff, sudden slipping or neutralizing conditions, unusual idle fluctuations or a loss of hill-hold function."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1
    Last edited by dantunip; March 31st, 2011 at 03:20 PM. Reason: incomplete post

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    just to update: been to mel casaba's shop in Sucat para i-check yung dropping rpm. pero to no avail. pero mine is less severe compared to the other cases kasi sobrang minsan lang ung nagddrop ng todo yung rpm to cause a full stop while the car is moving below 5kph.

pero i still experience partial drop sa rpm causing the car to vibrate, but not that much naman. tolerable pa din. no jerking or whatever. this is after replacing the cvtf na din.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    2003 City i-dsi automatic ung Honda ko. It wont go forward but the reverse is still fine. Tried flushing and replacing the CVTF but to no avail. Please help naman po kung ano possible problem ng car ko. I'm planning to replace the tranny but was surprised with the amount of the new part which is almost half of the car's price. Salamat po sa magrereply.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Am experiencing a juddering sound when I shift to reverse. Mas madalas may sort of "trrrrrrr" sound when the aircon is turned on.
    :fart1:
    ganyan din yung naramdaman ko sa auto ko bago nangyari yung sira sa tranny. Sa ngayon reverse na lang gumagana sa kanya and walang abante. Sakit sa ulo!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    bro ano ano symptoms before nawala yung pa-abante?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredgomez View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread but am having dilemmas as well.

Bought a 2nd hand 2006 Honda City iDSI. Am experiencing a juddering sound when I shift to reverse. Mas madalas may sort of "trrrrrrr" sound when the aircon is turned on.

I had the CVTF flushed two weeks ago by Honda Kal but thing is there are times na naging mas malakas yung vibration pag idle and the judder pag reverse became more frequent after the flushing.

My mechanic replaced all engine and transmission supports. We bought the parts from Honda Otis. Since we assumed na supports lang ang problem since may crack na din sa rubber.

Ano po naging solutions sa problems niyo? Btw, the car is only at 38k kms. This is my first car and it's sad that I'm experiencing these problems this early.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Di ko alam kung naipagawa mo na yang car mo. Sa problema mo na ganyan, dapat palitan na yang Single Mass Flywheel (SMF) mo. Huwag ka kukuha ng surplus, dapat yung bago bought from any Honda dealer.
    Siguro mga nasa PHP20k app. ang price niyan.
    Pero dapat marunong ang magkakabit niyan kung di mo sa casa papagawa.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    just to update: been to mel casaba's shop in Sucat para i-check yung dropping rpm. pero to no avail. pero mine is less severe compared to the other cases kasi sobrang minsan lang ung nagddrop ng todo yung rpm to cause a full stop while the car is moving below 5kph.

pero i still experience partial drop sa rpm causing the car to vibrate, but not that much naman. tolerable pa din. no jerking or whatever. this is after replacing the cvtf na din.
    Sinubukan na ba na linisin muna yung throttle (do not direct spray with carb cleaner), then idle learn, and then yung start clutch calibration (aka CVT Relearn)?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by dantunip View Post
    My honda city 2005 cvt is starting to show this symtoms:
    1. Every morning when I start the car, the car jerks in D but not in R
    2. In normal driving, when I step on a gas from a full stop, the car seems no power.

What i do is: from a stop, let go of the brake pedal first, let it roll for a while, and then step on the gas. From an uphill and full stop, apply first the hand brake, release the brake pedal, step on the gas while releasing the hand brake. This minimize the chance of roll back of car.

3. The number 2 symptom seems more evident when driving at a very hot condition.
    4. It seems that number 1 symptom is more evident when the car is parked at a longer time.

Honda flushed the cvt twice and still manifest this symptom. They cant pin point the problem and no suggestion at all, because they know that the cvt cost 300k for replacement.

Search the internet and seems that the "start clutch" is the culprit. Am i possibly right? Is this "start clutch, replaceable or the whole cvt has to be replaced?

Is there a shop who overhauls cvt? I heard from my wife's fleet manager that someone or some shop here in Manila is doing it, but I think this is just a hearsay.

I will be following this thread. Thanks to all!

This is a quote from the article below:

"These clutches are pulsed on and off very frequently and are susceptible to failure. This can cause a variety of complaints, such as chatter on takeoff, sudden slipping or neutralizing conditions, unusual idle fluctuations or a loss of hill-hold function."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...g=content;col1
    +10 ako diyan sa start clutch since 2005 model yan. And yes, pwede palitan lang ang start clutch, and any Honda dealership could do that. Just have the whole start clutch assembly replaced and not the clutches and disks only.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
Epic Failure Of My Honda City's CVT Transmission!