New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    that's the problem e. di sila sure na yun ang problem. ang sabi nila yun muna daw uunahin. kapag di nawala, next part naman. kaya medyo hesitant ako. i am hoping kung meron ng naka-experience ng ganun and nagpa-palit na rin ng flywheel and kung naging ok.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    *Matty. No idea, but I'm sure its not the flywheel. :|
    With a damaged flywheel...your car will not run.

http://www.thesuzette.com/2009/02/say-no-to-honda/ <- Check out comments...same issues as yours. Reco was to change flywheel and wheel case. (Malaysia)

But actually, it will not fix your problem. U have to change the whole CVT gearbox. Since I think your CVT belt / clutches might be damaged.

Why?
    1. Shifting into reverse, belt slips, car jerks/stops
    2. Full stop, your RPM dips, belt slipped then catches on.

Why this happened:
    1st batches of Honda w/ CVTs got the wrong oil in the CVT Transmission. Caused irreversible damage to CVTs. Don't know if Honda did a silent recall here..but there. Lots of complaints in the web. Look it up.

Suggestion.
    1. ask casa how much is the whole transmission. Should be around 300k.
    2. sell the car.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    *Matty. No idea, but I'm sure its not the flywheel. :|
    With a damaged flywheel...your car will not run.

http://www.thesuzette.com/2009/02/say-no-to-honda/ <- Check out comments...same issues as yours. Reco was to change flywheel and wheel case. (Malaysia)

But actually, it will not fix your problem. U have to change the whole CVT gearbox. Since I think your CVT belt / clutches might be damaged.

Why?
    1. Shifting into reverse, belt slips, car jerks/stops
    2. Full stop, your RPM dips, belt slipped then catches on.

Why this happened:
    1st batches of Honda w/ CVTs got the wrong oil in the CVT Transmission. Caused irreversible damage to CVTs. Don't know if Honda did a silent recall here..but there. Lots of complaints in the web. Look it up.

Suggestion.
    1. ask casa how much is the whole transmission. Should be around 300k.
    2. sell the car.
    Yup, Honda Philippines did a silent recall on our (then) Jazz 1.3S CVT. They termed it as "product upgrade".... I was postponing it as I was not made aware that it should be done immediately, so they did it during my regular PMS....

I never experienced the problem described here, though, until we parted with our 'ride baby' early last year....

12.3K:outcold:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    *istan: thanks for the info. yes, it's around 300k. anyway, habang di pa naman ganun ka-grabe, i might just sell it. Although, I came from the casa last sat for my regular PMS, i mentioned it to the SA and I said i notice it to be more evident when the aircon is on. So, he suggested to have the condenser cleaned. So far it has not occurred yet since Saturday. (maybe i am just trying to convince myself that it's not the transmission because it costs a lot!) Will keep on observing.

*CVT: would you know what model was affected by that "silent recall"?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    *CVT, para sa lahat ba yung issue na un? or maliit lang yung percentage na affected? kasi why would it take 5 years before mag manifest yung problem kung defective na siya from the start? and to think mababa pa din FC ko..

And correct me if I'm wrong, yung sa case si suysuy dati, sobrang isolated and his car was jerking even at 20-40km/h na speed. Tapos solenoid yung pinalitan para maayos. Don't know if that's the one that costs 300k.

But I'll have my car checked na din asap para wala na worries.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    *patricksee.
    I think para sa lahat ng same batch (meaning same batch of manufacture and release) of transmissions affected. Since manufacturer mismo naglagay ng wrong oil. I think the wrong oil damages the belt, kaya sya nag slip.

Some of the damage would show up immediately, some takes years of usage. Lots of variables.
    Too many people complained...so its very true.

Problem is, how can you check, unless syempre, sira na tranny mo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by matty View Post
    *istan: thanks for the info. yes, it's around 300k. anyway, habang di pa naman ganun ka-grabe, i might just sell it. Although, I came from the casa last sat for my regular PMS, i mentioned it to the SA and I said i notice it to be more evident when the aircon is on. So, he suggested to have the condenser cleaned. So far it has not occurred yet since Saturday. (maybe i am just trying to convince myself that it's not the transmission because it costs a lot!) Will keep on observing.

*CVT: would you know what model was affected by that "silent recall"?
    I am not sure bro.

But, ours was bought Nov., 2004.... And the silent recall ("product upgrade"), IIRC, was executed around Nov., 2005... They called me on my handphone then.

Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    *CVT, para sa lahat ba yung issue na un? or maliit lang yung percentage na affected? kasi why would it take 5 years before mag manifest yung problem kung defective na siya from the start? and to think mababa pa din FC ko..

And correct me if I'm wrong, yung sa case si suysuy dati, sobrang isolated and his car was jerking even at 20-40km/h na speed. Tapos solenoid yung pinalitan para maayos. Don't know if that's the one that costs 300k.

But I'll have my car checked na din asap para wala na worries.
    Again, am not sure bro.... Probably, those sold after the "product upgrade" project already had the proper CVT fluid.... But still, the recommended change in the CVT fluid is every 20TKm....

I remember buying a bottle of "Honda" CVT fluid from True Value in Alabang during the time after the "product upgrade". When I came back a few days after, all the stocks, around 20 bottles or so, were gone and no one in the store was able to tell me what happened to them...

I still have the bottle of "Honda" CVT fluid with me, if anyone is interested. I cannot guarantee though that this is the proper CVT fluid for the Jazz/City....

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Yung mga napalitan ang cvtf (upgrade) ay ok naman. Ours is now 50K odometer so far ok pa rin. Hindi nga lang siya hinahataw (anyway wala naman siyang power para sa hatawan).

Minsan lang ito naka experience ng pangi-nginig but was not due to cvt tranny but a loose battery terminal connection.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshorn View Post
    Yung mga napalitan ang cvtf (upgrade) ay ok naman. Ours is now 50K odometer so far ok pa rin. Hindi nga lang siya hinahataw (anyway wala naman siyang power para sa hatawan).

Minsan lang ito naka experience ng pangi-nginig but was not due to cvt tranny but a loose battery terminal connection.
    Have you tried driving the car in "Sports Mode"?

The driving experience in a zigzag and winding road (at high speed) in Sports Mode is "surreal"....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I'm always checking out this thread since I own honda city i-dsi, been constantly reading about this issue, not sure if someone already read this one

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/archive.../t-124355.html

apparently someone just got they're cvt replaced free of charge
    "17-02-2010, 08:25 PM
    I bought my Jazz in 2003 (brand new) and a few days ago I contacted my local dealer (Great Western Honda) to enquire how much it would cost to replace the CVT oil as it has recently started shuddering again. The guy informed me that Honda have extended their gearbox warranty to 7yrs and I just got in (bought the car in March '03). So the CVT oil change would be free of charge. I was stoked!

This morning I went to drop the car off and the guy there informed me that what they would do is flush the system, then test it. If the problem isn't fully fixed or if they think the gearbox needs replacing, they'll replace it, free of charge. He said that it would normally cost $6000. I left my car with them and went off to work.

Went back to the dealer at 5pm to pick up my car and they informed me that my car now had a brand spankin new CVT gearbox!!! I'm thrilled. They advised me to change the CVT oil more frequently, approx 40k. I'm probably going to change it every 30k. My car has so far done over 120k, and apart from this problem (which originally started at around 70k, but went away after changing the CVT oil, and has re-started again recently), it's a dream to drive. Of course I do take care of it, take it to dealer for regular servicing, only use V-power fuel, warm up engine before driving in the morning etc. With the gearbox, it's like a fresh start now, so as long as I service it well, it should last quite a while.

So my advice is, if your CVT is shuddering, and its been less than 7yrs since you bought it, contact your dealer. Because I bought my car brand new from this dealer, he knows my vehicle history and was able to see that a flush hadn't been carried out earlier, so asked me to come in. Also, all my dealing with them have been really good, and very good quality of service. I'm sure most of the Honda dealers are the same, but I'm very impressed with these guys today."

possible kaya na pag sabaysabay magreklamo lahat ng me same issue eh gagawin din ng honda dito yun?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Epic Failure Of My Honda City's CVT Transmission!