New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    file a case

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    dyahe a pambihira naman yan,file a case pilosopo sila meron ng abnormality sa drive test ayaw pa din palitan why not go on media para maka lampag sila national tv migth help

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a honda city 2006, 1.3 idsi CVT. Never had a problem like this and still very riliable and smooth ride.

My office mates Honda Citys are CVT also, they are 2003 and 2004 model...they never had any problem too, araw araw pamasok sa work and still alive and kikickin'.

For me, baka natiempuhan lang siguro si Suy ng QA escapees, baka talagang reject unit yung tranny na napalagay sa city mo...but i agree na pwede kang mag file ng case.

kahit anong car pede mag ka issue, wala naman perfect talaga...sana lang wag matakot yung iba sa CVT kc it is a very reliable and good ride, at super tipid sa gas...

Kaya di ito nilagay sa new city and jazz kc mahal ang production cost nito, syempre hindi tutubo ang honda...kaya swerte pa rin yung mga naka avail ng honda cvt kung tutuusin.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post
    links? hehe. para mabasa ko
    ito siya bro: http://s3.zetaboards.com/HCP/topic/7324017/1/. hanapin mo na lang iyong post ni nuk_wire

hth

5. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    actually my father is a lawyer. so filing a case will be easy hehe. kukunin ko na yung car sa monday. ginawa nila nilinisan daw nila lahat ng electricals/sensors. then observe nanaman. hayz

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Under warranty pa car mo?
    Hmm...pag pinasok mo sa Casa for observation, tyak na nanjan lng yan sa isang tabi, inoobserbahan ng gwardya. Kaya sa iyo pinapasa yun trabaho. Galing noh.
    Question, pinatransmission flush mo na yun CVT mo?
    I think its time to write a letter to the country manager of Honda here. I'm sure someone in tsikot can help.
    File a case w/ DTI also. They can help negotiate. Patience lng nga.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mm15744 View Post
    I have a honda city 2006, 1.3 idsi CVT. Never had a problem like this and still very riliable and smooth ride.

My office mates Honda Citys are CVT also, they are 2003 and 2004 model...they never had any problem too, araw araw pamasok sa work and still alive and kikickin'.

For me, baka natiempuhan lang siguro si Suy ng QA escapees, baka talagang reject unit yung tranny na napalagay sa city mo...but i agree na pwede kang mag file ng case.

kahit anong car pede mag ka issue, wala naman perfect talaga...sana lang wag matakot yung iba sa CVT kc it is a very reliable and good ride, at super tipid sa gas...

Kaya di ito nilagay sa new city and jazz kc mahal ang production cost nito, syempre hindi tutubo ang honda...kaya swerte pa rin yung mga naka avail ng honda cvt kung tutuusin.
    There's a good reason the new GE Jazz and City all use a five speed automatic. Despite Honda's reassurances that the 5AT is as fuel efficient as the old CVT (which it isn't... but it's pretty good for a traditional AT) and claims that the move was made because people complained about the "feel" of the CVT, the real reason is for durability.

There are many complaints about the long-term durability of the CVT in the US (where it's used on Honda's hybrid and natural gas cars) and elsewhere. The problem is the clutch packs, which wear down easily under hard use. I've driven lots of CVTs that have no problems, and, if well-cared for, they should last a long time, but Manila traffic, jack-rabbit driving and the improper use of ATF (which Honda issued a recall here for) can contribute to the premature wear of the transmission.

This is because the transmission is very lightweight, for reasons of fuel economy. But this means that it can't take power very well. The repeated shock of the application of power can wear it out.

If the engine was part of the ATF-CVTF recall, Honda should replace the CVT under warranty, as the use of ATF may have prematurely damaged the transmission.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Sir Suysuy, based sa video nag fluctuate yung RPM ng car mo at standstill ba yun? Tapos nag vibrate pag nalaglag below 500RPM?

In my previous experienced, though my car is M/T, I have encountered that RPM fluctuation (at standstill) and car vibration plus loss of power. Ganun din ba? Meron loss of power sa engine, parang di kaya e pa move ang car? Ang ginawa dun ay pinalitan ang IACV. One year palang ata ang car ko nag mag manifest yung problem. After that, okay na. Its turning 7 yrs old this July and haven't experienced that same problem anymore. Ganun din ginawa nila ikinabit sa computer at wala rin nakita. Since I have a similar problem before this unit, I told them so. So they tried to replace yung IACV (under warranty pa naman eh) at nawala yung problem.

Baka hindi sa transmission yun sir? Second time ko na na experience ang problem sa IACV sa honda car but not on the same unit. What was done on my first car was they just cleaned the IACV kasi dami daw accumulated dirt kaya nag palya.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    If the engine was part of the ATF-CVTF recall, Honda should replace the CVT under warranty, as the use of ATF may have prematurely damaged the transmission.
    might be true. kelan ba nilabas ang facelift dito sa pinas? feb 2006 namin ito nakuha. yan iniisip ko. sa tingin ko ATF pa nalagay dyan. And nakalagay sa manual ko ATF-Z1 gagamitin. and nakalagay sa dipstick ATF. and ive read sa forums, after the recall, yung manual ay inedit, CVT-F na and yung dipstick ganun rin. meaning, dahil early kami bumili ng facelift, parang mali parin yung nailagay?

Sir Suysuy, based sa video nag fluctuate yung RPM ng car mo at standstill ba yun? Tapos nag vibrate pag nalaglag below 500RPM?
    its like the engine is gonna conk out. to prevent it, parang nirerelease ng computer yung transmission. kaya tumataas ulit rpm. then engange nanaman. baba nanaman to almost 0 rpm. ganun yung cycle niya. thug.....thug......thug..... sabay vibrate. ito palang, its obvious that it is the start clutch ang meron problema.

to add: late last year. ayaw umandar ng car ko habang naka park. no crank. what i did, nilagay ko to neutral. yun nag start. weird no? ang daming sira. grabe.

pinatransmission flush mo na yun CVT mo?
    already did when the car is about 1.5years old. pati calibration. ganun parin.

---

Super tipid nga lang talaga ng CVT. Kaya ako naging fan nitong transmission na ito. But it has its flaws, well, with honda. Honda ba talaga gumawa nito? their design and technology? buti ba nissan JATCO yung gamit.

I went to gensan couple of times. 500 pesos lang kaya papunta at pabalik. amazing.

when im going home late at night, im cruising at empty streets * 60kph while the rpm is barely above idle, hence the stellar mileage.

bottom line: I want it fixed!
    Last edited by suysuy; February 7th, 2010 at 12:34 PM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ok. just got home with the car. nothings fixed. pero i was fortunate to see for myself the results/snapshots of the car. all are normal! weird! but they will still forward it sa planta.

and they will call me if merong pwedeng i test drive na same model sa akin. wala na kasi silang 2006-2008 model available for test driving.

maybe ill just have to live with this? haiz

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Epic Failure Of My Honda City's CVT Transmission!