New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gandang araw mga papsi.
    I'm due for an engine mount change sa '99 civic A/T ko soon. I've asked around for an orig Honda engine support -and this cost at least 4k each. Tried surveying other brand which is Lokco -costing barely 1k each. I would have preferred to use orig Honda but the price for me is too sky high. Which brings me down to replacement brands na lang which i think is also competitive -performace wise.

Tanong ko lang sana mga bros what's your experience or recommendations regarding what replacement brand is the best to use for engine support.

Maraming salamat!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't have any problems using OEM replacement engine mounts.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I don't have any problems using OEM replacement engine mounts.
    ano po yung brand ng OEM replacement nyo sir? how long have you've been using it ever since the change? TIA.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hakkinen View Post
    ano po yung brand ng OEM replacement nyo sir? how long have you've been using it ever since the change? TIA.
    Not exactly sure what brand because Speedlab did the actual replacement. The last mount replaced was over two years ago. It was the one located on the driver side, under the battery/air-cleaner.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    ah i see, thanks ghosthunter.

anyways, anybody here have a feedback on JAC brand engine support? TIA.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i have changed my original/stock engine mounts for a performance mount that i bought locally. sadly, it became very hard during breaking and accelerating. nanging mas matindi vibration niya. so i put back my old engine mounts and bought "energy suspension" engine mounts, i can say that they are a lot better than those i bought locally. mas malambot yung ride and also,the engine response was a lot better and quicker. i bought mine thru eBay and they even cost less than those i bought locally.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i have changed my original/stock engine mounts for a performance mount that i bought locally. sadly, it became very hard during breaking and accelerating. nanging mas matindi vibration niya. so i put back my old engine mounts and bought "energy suspension" engine mounts, i can say that they are a lot better than those i bought locally. mas malambot yung ride and also,the engine response was a lot better and quicker. i bought mine thru eBay and they even cost less than those i bought locally.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007

Engine mounts