New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    SPEEDLAB doesn't have V-AFC. You will have to check with other shops for them. Or you can check the "for sale" sections of car forums for used performance parts including V-AFC. Typically Honda based car forums will have a bigger chance of having them on sale.

SPEEDLAB's solution is the UNICHIP which has more functions and features than the AFC. It does cost more but it can accommodate future mods up to turbocharging if that is within your planned route of mods.
    I see. So if I opt to get the UNICHIP from Speedlab, no need to get an AFC. Hmmmm.... I think the unichip is a better option as it gives me flexibility for future mods.

To summarize, go for the IHE upgrades then go for the UNICHIP.

Correct?

Thanks so much for the advise!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by <smash> View Post
    I see. So if I opt to get the UNICHIP from Speedlab, no need to get an AFC. Hmmmm.... I think the unichip is a better option as it gives me flexibility for future mods.

To summarize, go for the IHE upgrades then go for the UNICHIP.

Correct?

Thanks so much for the advise!
    Correct. But to get the best benefits (power & economy) of your IHE mods, you will need the UNICHIP as well.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    hmm from what i know, d series and b series engine mounts, konti lang modification. suggest ko lang sana para instant power.

anyway, if out of the question engine swaps, ill say change the head to a d15b 20 cams plus p08 ecu. then after IHE upgrade. (sorry nahuli pagedit ko hehe)
    pwede rin ba to sir sa 1.6 civic vti?If hindi ano naman kaya sakin?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ pwede sir!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Up ko lang in case there are some more suggestions.

Thank you for all the inputs mga sirs!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Engine Mods for Honda City Type Z