New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hello mga sir! Just joined the forum last week in hoping that i might get some good and very useful advise on my plan to set up my eg hatchback...I have this all stock '93 eg hatchback still in quite good condition. Instead of selling it i'm planning to set it up...new paint, recondition the interiors, mags and also might be an engine swap. I don't plan to transform it into racing performance level but just enough to make it as pristine condition as possible. I've been reading some of the threads and i can see that a lot are really knowledgeable on how to go about setting up a hatchback that's why i joined the forum.. I hope you guys could guide me in doing this project...i actually started by calling up Allan Motol of Hongly and planned to meet with him to get advice on the engine replacement and other mechanical repairs needed before scouting for a shop to do the paint and interior upholstery... If any of you could give advice on how to chronologically go about with this eg hatch project of mine i would be very much grateful! All comments and opinions are very much welcome!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    before deciding to have an engine swap, dyno it first. see if the engine is still giving the right amount of power. if the power is inadequate, then plan for an engine swap. get the k20 if you can (if it will fit the engine bay - newer engine, lesser problem) and also plan to change your transmission with it.

i think you already have a plan... stick with it.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    thanks for the advice....will keep that in mind

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    boss,much better if you can include the pics of your car both interior and exterior para mas madali ka namin matulungan,for me kung good running condition pa ang engine no need for engine swapping muna,check the suspensions,radiator,aircon,evaporator,fan,brakes etc.focus ka muna on that,after nyan chaka mo na isunod yung interior and exterior.priority mo muna talaga is the engine.sobrang ok na project yang eg mo.wag mo ibenta

eg hatchback project advice