New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mga ser, ask ko lang po kung may epekto po ba ang paggamit ng ibang size ng radiator cap?

or yung numbers ba na yun that we can see on the cap on the right side is not actually the size but for something else? or does it make any difference at all or masyado lang ako praning?

kasi dati ang nakalagay na size sa rad cap ko is 0.9. due to wear and tear I have to buy a new one. I got one sa casa mismo(700). kasya naman kaso ang binigay pala is 1.1. hinde ko na napansin because I was in a rush that day and took me a week before I noticed it. for parts kasi no return no exchange policy sila and not warrantied as per receipt kaya la rin ako habol sakanla kung sakale.

yung sa radiator ko naman hinde rin ako sure sa type pero yun ata yung 1 row, plastic type, basta stock. and my ride is an old school 94 civic lx. newbie lang po and I don't have the manual for my ride kaya this is the only site that helps me on all my queries.

please help.thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mahal ata paps yun 700 na rad cap for a 94 civic... got mine federal mogul 150 pesos 1.1 rating

0.9 and 1.1 are pressure ratings the caps can hold beforeit releases pressure and water to the spill reservoir... they say o.9 and 1.1 are good standard rating on most cars... kaya ok lang yang....

before i had a 0.9 rating rad cap... since nasira na yun spirng katagalan... had prompted me to try 1.1 ok naman siya no problem at at all.. just stay on those ratings.. try not to go too high or too low...unles otherwise its factory design and engine specifications say so. cheers!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    I knew it has nothing to do with size.hehehe... sorry, but thanks for the quick reply and clearing that thing to me.