New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    So which wire was it?

I've already tried prying open the weather seal for the wires going to the hatch, like you did.

The brake light wire is not there in the top left portion of the rear hatch (when you remove the rubber weather seal and where I was hoping it to be).... I tapped it further down, which is about half a foot of wiring from the left park and brake light socket. Wire is colored white.

You will need to open the vinyl siding from the inside to expose the left tail lights and the wirings.

5808:bee:
    Last edited by CVT; April 8th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    What lamp did you use from Concorde?

I've always wanted to add a flasher relay that lets the brake lights flash five times and then goes solid for the duration of deceleration, but only at speeds above 30kph. Below that of course it becomes normal. Then again I'm no electrician and never was good with electronic mods

edit: Is the Jazz manual around 70MB?

http://hondatech.info/search/jazz/

It was actually a 20-high-intensity-LED-brake-light unit that I bought during one of my recent trips outside of the country. Not the original Jazz/Fit brake light though. Am not sure if this exact unit is available locally, but I guess something similar is offered.

Anyway, it is a bit easy to implement the flashing brake light (5X) which goes solid in the end. However, the 30kph makes it a bit complicated. Am not certain where you can get this data from the wirings at the rear hatch....

5808:bee:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    nice job , sir! pics naman jan!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    PWede na rin siguro sa thread na to..I installed third breaklight sa daihatsu charade..ok naman pero pansin ko pag night driving where i need to turn on my headlights, hindi siya gumagana...patulong sana.../

thanks.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    currently my idsi jazz gd does not have a third brake light. planning to buy a surplus one. can anyone help
    me kung saan part sa loob ito naka install. thanks.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by b16sir_stock View Post
    currently my idsi jazz gd does not have a third brake light. planning to buy a surplus one. can anyone help
    me kung saan part sa loob ito naka install. thanks.
    safety tip lang ha: auto electrical modification if not done properly places your vehicle of risk of fire, when in doubt, seek professional auto electrical help... especially with our hot weather nowadays, those cheap thin electrical wires on third party accessories might fail and put you at risk...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
DIY: Installation Of Third Brake Light For Our Jazz