New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    mga sirs,

i am currently driving a civic 98 vti and am looking for a 99-00 model (i'll be driving this one, my younger bro gets my car). puro lxi nakikita ko na year 99-00. just want to ask what are the differences between the vti and lxi for that year.

di ko kasi mahanap yung thread, kung meron mang existing. thanks.

eto lang alam ko:
    vti has a 1.6L engine with vtec, while lxi 1.5L without vtec.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    manual ung side mirrors
    manual antenna
    silver/aluminum ung window garnish

yan lang naalala ko eh. hintay natin reply ng iba

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    add ko na din nasa vti the central lock ay malapit sa door handle.
    also, the trims are different sa vti seats and the side molding than the lxi. then the vti has the arm rest while the lxi does not.

then sa vti yung vtec na 1.6, vtec opens sa 2500 rpm.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Basing on my current gas consumption both 99 model

Vti eats up alot of gas compared to LXI.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    nasabi na halos lahat, hehe

LXi nasa roof yung radio antennae. black plastic side moulds and rear license plate holder (m/t versions), 13 size alloys. pagbukas mo ng hood plain matte aluminum yung rocker cover, intake swirl chamber nasa ilalim ng airbox.

it's true na medyo mataas ang FC ng vti vs. lxi sa city driving with hataw sa stoplights. pero at highway, mas matipid ang vti. at higher speeds the vti uses lesser RPM kasi. i don't know if this is a function of the extra displacement, the vtec mechanism, or gearing, though.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga kuya i used to lower my honda before pro putol lang so wala akong knowledge bout lowering spring height....

anu ba ang pgkakaiba ng mga height ng lowering spring? i mean whats the diffrence between a drop of 1.75" or a drop of 1.5inch or a drop of 1.2 inch? sana matulungan nyo ako i wanna know ilang fingers ang pagitan from the tire to the fender literally.....prefer ko sana ung totally bagsak ang auto ko dhil makati naman ako nakatira...pls sana bigyan nyo ako ng advise

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga kuya i used to lower my car before pro putol lang so wala akong knowledge bout lowering spring height....

anu ba ang pgkakaiba ng mga height ng lowering spring? i mean whats the diffrence between a drop of 1.75" or a drop of 1.5inch or a drop of 1.2 inch? sana matulungan nyo ako i wanna know ilang fingers ang pagitan from the tire to the fender literally.....prefer ko sana ung totally bagsak ang auto ko dhil makati naman ako nakatira...pls sana bigyan nyo ako ng advise

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga kuya i used to lower my car before pro putol lang so wala akong knowledge bout lowering spring height....

mga kuya pa pm na lang ako po...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    mga sirs,

i am currently driving a civic 98 vti and am looking for a 99-00 model (i'll be driving this one, my younger bro gets my car). puro lxi nakikita ko na year 99-00. just want to ask what are the differences between the vti and lxi for that year.

di ko kasi mahanap yung thread, kung meron mang existing. thanks.

eto lang alam ko:
    vti has a 1.6L engine with vtec, while lxi 1.5L without vtec.
    bro i think this is the link you are looking for;

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35120

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ianvits View Post

mga kuya pa pm na lang ako po...
    sir the drop means that kung gaano kababa kesa sa normal height. kung 1.75 that means 1.75 inches lower than stock height.

sa tanong niyo sir parang ang hanap niyo "fender gap" usually fingers na pang gauge diyan... i believe what you want is a 0 gap, kung ganon, take off those stock springs na cut and get yourself coilovers.

parang OT na to... meron thread about this... konteng hanap lang sir.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
difference between vti and lxi