New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Hi guys. Ask ko lang kung anong engine mas maganda sa dalawa. This engine is for honda civic 99 sir body.

Thanks sa sasagot!

Sent from my F3216 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    PH16 alam ko sa honda vtec 96 model yan at ang sa honda SIR body is P16

BTW

dun kana sa ph16 syempre kasi vtec siya .

3. Join Date
    May 2013
    I think he's asking about the D15b with vtec not the one without vtec

I've mostly seen cars swap out their ph16's for a D15b with vtec because it makes more power because the vtec of the local engine (ph16) is more for increasing fuel economy than power.

Some people swap the head of the ph16 out for the head of a D15b. I think its called a mini-me swap? It's easier than a whole engine swap if you have a good stock engine in the car.

But if your goal is more power maybe you should get a B16a thats the engine from an SIR

4. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jmat20 View Post
    I think he's asking about the D15b with vtec not the one without vtec

I've mostly seen cars swap out their ph16's for a D15b with vtec because it makes more power because the vtec of the local engine (ph16) is more for increasing fuel economy than power.

Some people swap the head of the ph16 out for the head of a D15b. I think its called a mini-me swap? It's easier than a whole engine swap if you have a good stock engine in the car.

But if your goal is more power maybe you should get a B16a thats the engine from an SIR
    well said