New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    If the 2002-2006 CRV are real gas guzzlers then how come their resale value don't go down the same route as the Expeditions? :D

I'm thinking this could be a nice LPG conversion project, only if I can get one cheap.

Imagine, asking prices for 2002-2003 A/T are still Php 550K! Nothing below Php 500K can be found!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    IMHO, i think 2nd and 3rd Gen. CRVs are the most fuel efficient on its category/class. We have to accept that car's weight should compensate with it's engine power. SUVs need at least a 2.0Li engine, Subcompact needs at least 1.0Li engine. Even if you put a 1.3L i-DSI on the CRV, the result would be worst because engine would be underpowered of the CRVs weight(it burns a lot of fuel to make it run). But it's ok if we put bigger engine on compact vehicles, like Civic with the 2.0Li engine.

For me, driving a vehicle below 2000 rpm(city driving), maximum speed * 80kph on highways, correct tire pressure, fine tuned engine, less cargo as much as possible and always thinking that fuel prices are very high helps me a lot on maintaining less fuel consumption.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
CRV Fuel Nightmare