New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hindi naman masyadong mataas ang maintenance. accdg to some friends who own a 1st gen a/t, reliable at sturdy naman daw yung transmissions nila. all it needs is a tranny oil change every now and then, i think every 25-30 thousand kms, if driven normally. that's 3 years of driving every oil change which costs 2,500 (560/liter honda ATF x 3 + labor... NEVER USE NON-HONDA ATF, MASISIRA YUN).

that's if you got a crv with a good gearbox. pagka naka chamba ka ng sirang tranny, well, patay ka. magastos, and you will still end up buying a surplus tranny no matter how many times you take the original in for simple repairs.

some people feel the gamble is worth it, though. people like me. i used to be a manual transmission fanatic...in fact, it was i who insisted on a m/t when the sales agent recommended the a/t (kala ko kasi gusto lng maka-commission ng malaki hehehe). i should have listened to her.

as i got older kasi, medyo nawawala na yung driving passion na gusto ko lagi parang ako si vin diesel sa fast n furious. most times, pag pauwi nako galing office, gusto ko yung makarelax lang. or pag long drive yung maka pag sightseeing din ng konti, instead of thinking abt the clutch and rowing through the goddamn gears all the time.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abcerase View Post
    * ejaydpogi

di po b magandang option ang m/t n 2000 crv? m thinking at getting the m/t version kasi feeling k mas mataas ang maintenance ng a/t. thanks po
    In terms of maintenance wise the manual transmission of course would be easier to maintain. If you are at ease driving a manual through the traffic then this would not be a concern, but if you prefer a stress free driving then an automatic would be much better. Just take your time in shopping around for the said unit. good luck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
CRV 2000 Inputs