New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    so the city was probably running about 50kph?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maybe less dahil eto naman ang 30mph (50kph) concrete crash test:

notice the crumpled hood.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ahhhh okay. onga, the city's front supports weren't that much bent...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    seen already two mishaps na the airbags did not deploy, one sa gen 1 rav4 which was in an accident twice! first headon sa post second head on sa isang pick-up, this is the same car lang first accident airbags did not deploy, sabi namin mag file case against the manufacturer, then pinaayos sa casa, second accident headon sa isang pick-up wala pa rin, swerte daw car i hindi siya namatay.

second incident is a d-max, front end was not damaged but the windshield and roof was it did not see the parked truck so maybe the sensors were not or did not detect the crash.

others would say na iba daw ang sensitivity ng sensors for airbags for Phil market due to the fact na sometimes we might bump tricycles and it might trigger the sensor!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what kind of sensor is the City using?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmm so this leads to false sense of security for some passengers cos they dont know the proper spec of the airbags..'basta may airbags safe na' ang nasa isip

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thats crap! I think airbags are activated by speed 20km above.

Hmmmm baka maraming airbag na faulty or kulang sa pyesa ang kinakabit. Baka ABS din!

Sa US alam ko may value ang airbag at ninanakaw din parang stereo.

Baka tinira ng CASA>?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It doesn't look like a high-speed crash to me. The airbag is triggered by speed ang g sensors. Not enough of each = no deployment.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    hmm so this leads to false sense of security for some passengers cos they dont know the proper spec of the airbags..'basta may airbags safe na' ang nasa isip
    Yes. You should never depend on airbags alone for protection. That's why they are called 'SRS'. The first S being 'SUPPLEMENTAL'. They are just there to supplement the seatbelts and other safety features of the vehicle. They will not always deploy especially when the seatbelts will already offer enough protection for the given event (to lessen repair costs, mahal mag-reset ng airbag).

They are not magic ballons that will softly and gently catch you everytime you decide to hit something.

Not all types of crashes will deploy airbags.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've seen an 03 CRV with deployed airbags (light blue yung color ng 'cloth'), medyo nakainom kasi yung nagddrive when the accident occurred. my guess is its travelling above 80kph when it slammed into the rear of a bus.

yung gen1 crv ko dati, nagkaroon ng sira yung parang actuator yata. hindi na kasi nawawala yung SRS na indicator. it costed me around 21K to have it replaced!
    Signature

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Crashed city, but airbags did NOT deploy??