New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I can get over 14 km/l on long drives if I really try, even if I average only 8 km/l in the city.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    by the way, what spark plugs would you recommend for better mileage? i used in my civic the bosch super four. is it any good or is there any brand better? how about the engine oil? how big of an impact will it make if i use the fully synthetic (expensive) oils?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sir tailhook, hindi rin ganun ka-accurate ung technique na ginamit po nyo..

try nyo po magpuno ng full tank (on an empty tank) then do it 3-4 times para makita nyo ung mas accurate figures.

hope that helps..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    halos lahat naman ng gasoline engines naging fuel efficient pag long drives.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Fully synthetic oils per se won't do anything but give you a longer service life. A fully synthetic oil that is thinner, but still within service spec (actually, any oil that is thinner) will allow your engine to rev a little more freely, giving you a bit of power and a small (probably 0.5 km/l) kick in fuel economy.

As for plugs? I'm not familiar with the new CR-V's engine, but back on the Nissan boards, the consensus was that the best plugs for your engine are stock, as that's what the engine is designed to use, and it will have the proper height. Best if you can get iridiums or platinums of the exact same design and heat range.

On some engines, multi-point plugs don't give you any boost in power or efficiency, as they don't provide as solid a primary spark. But this isn't a general rule, and I'm not an expert on plugs.

For more specific information, you may want to search for dyno results from a Honda board or club, as the effects of spark plug upgrades do vary from engine to engine.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
cr-v: gas guzzler?