New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by areleich View Post
    Hello Sirs,

Ask ko lang what is the correct tire pressure for 1996 Honda Civic VTEC VTI Automatic. Normally kasi, 35 PSI ang gamit ko for both front and rear tires.

Now that all prices are high, I need to know this para sa Fuel Efficiency.

Thanks in advance.
    whats your tire size?
    ako kasi, my recommended pressure is 28-32 psi, and i use 32 psi.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    35PSI is a sure way to destroy your suspension in less than a year. it also decreases the contact patch of your tire, you'll realize that mostly during emergency braking. go back to 28-32psi.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    I have a 97 Civic Lxi and I usually put 30 Psi on both front and rear tires. But, I do recommend Nitrogen gas, giving durability and strong heat resistance to your tires. Though, it's quite expensive than an ordinary air, but it helps consume less fuel - guaranteed.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    35psi compressed air cold tire pressure is high for me, imagine running long distance and high speed and tires are not new anymore.. risky.

safer cold pressure 30psi. Nitrogen is the way to maintain pressure even high tire temperature.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Question to those who use 17"/18" rims + low profile tires. How do you set the correct tire pressure? Does anyone know the recommended tire pressure for this? I believe recommended pressure indicated in the pillar isn't applicable anymore.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I use 31psi with a 17" 205/40. Seems just right.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    With tires, it's ok to have 1-2 PSI too many rather than too few. Tires are manufactured in such a way that they have more margin for safety when overfilled.

Under-pressured tires has a tendency to overheat. That leads to accelerated tread wear and a higher likelihood for the steel belts inside to collapse and break if you drive through potholes a bit too fast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Correct Tire Pressure