New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi i bought a Honda civic 2004 vti last May and since then I have been running it with the reservoir empty,The driving temp is just fine the gauge needle is showing that its always right where it's supposed to be w/c is the middle or lower. So my question is,

do i still need to fill the reservoir? and if so,

do i need to follow the 50/50 coolant/water mix or distilled water alone could be just fine?

water on the radiator is colored very light blue.

pls help me guys, thanks!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it's there for a reason so it's best to fill it up w/ the appropriate amount everytime the level of coolant goes down bro

i suggest you use the honda oem coolant. mura lang naman iyon sa casa at ready to pour na iyon kasi pre-mixed na siya, so less hassle

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    fill that bad boy... you'd be surprised how much the radiator sucks out only after a day's usage. magbabawas yan for a couple days and should remain steady.

my vti-s doesn't take water from the reservoir, well, not in any noticeable quantities i could see. sometimes i fill with a glass of wilkins distilled, and thats it.

my vti and lxi though, regularly empty out the reservoir every couple of weeks. somethings wrong there i know, but i'm too lazy to get it fixed or checked. pero pag tinignan ko yung tubig sa radiator (when cold of course), kulay green pa rin (or red, depending on what kind of coolant i'm running for the year). so i put a 1 tabo of wilkins distilled, sometimes i mix with leftover coolant.

haven't overheated (touch wood) in the past 5 years.