New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    can my bad condenser cause my car to overheat on traffic? considering that i have no problem with my aircon. my condenser was damage during my car accident few months ago. may yupi siya. Now I am experiencing overheating on traffic. 3/4 temperature gauge. I have my radiator overhauled, new thermostat, "rekta" fan. new lower and upper radiator hoses. I almost checked everthing until I thought of my condenser. Is there a possibility or connection of overheating with my condenser? PLEASE help!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by milesaldrich View Post
    can my bad condenser cause my car to overheat on traffic? considering that i have no problem with my aircon. my condenser was damage during my car accident few months ago. may yupi siya. Now I am experiencing overheating on traffic. 3/4 temperature gauge. I have my radiator overhauled, new thermostat, "rekta" fan. new lower and upper radiator hoses. I almost checked everthing until I thought of my condenser. Is there a possibility or connection of overheating with my condenser? PLEASE help!
    what is your make, model and year of the car? what engine do you have? 3/4 on the gauge is not overheating yet. maybe your condenser fins are bent restricting airflow. if your car is a nissan, it usually has a bleeder screw or plug at the highest point in the coolant flow passage. if there are air pockets in the cooling system, it will display abnormally hotter indication at the gauge

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    just noticed it's a honda. check for bleeder screws and bleed the system. if after the accident and you had the car damage repaired and repainted, check if the condenser had been painted over

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    thanks for your reply. so you mean there is a possibility then?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Condensers are heat exchangers and if they're hot, because of the damage, or inefficiency of your fans, then your compressor may be overworked to maintain your cabin temperature. I think it is prudent to have it checked bro as heat may not be dissipating fast, causing an abnormal increase in the engine bay temperature, IMO.

14.1K:tvcomedy:

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    just to give you an idea sir. I drove my car from pangasinan to manila last night. from pangasinan to tarlac. I did not experience high temp. I run maximum of 110kph sometimes stop and go. But when I starts running at the sctex and i tried to drive fast like 120-130 kph for atleast 20 min. I did not encounter high temp but when I slow down the car then my temp gauge is rising. Ive checked my engine bay, talsik ang tubig palabas sa reservoir ko at puno pa ito. i opened my radiator mejo konti na tubig. I put some water to fill my radiator and then i drive again going to manila but with a maximum of 100kph. no overheating encountered. ano kaya prob car ko sir. yung condenser ko may tama kasi nabangga pero ok na ok naman aircon ko. please help. Napansin ko lng. bakit sabay nag ON and off rad fan and condenser fan ng car. I noticed everytime my aircon shuts off then both my rad fan and condenser fan will also switch off. its like my aircon controls both my fans. As far as I know, the car's thermoswitch should be the basis of my rad fan to switch on and off. right? and my condenser fan also relies on the aircon. What wrong with my civic ES.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    hi sir, baka makatulong po check nyo po ung engine thermostat baka hindi n po nag function,dapat po mag open ang thermostat pag n reach n nya ang heat temp.
    step.1 observe mo po n start ang engine n wag mag open ng aircon,at antayin nyo po n gumana ng kusa ang radiator fan motor.
    kapag gumana ang motor ng kusa ibig sabihin ok ang thermostat switch..
    step.2 check nyo po ung thermostat..kung hindi nyo po alam tanggalin pa check nyo po s mikaniko yung thermostat. for safe..

condenser question