New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Please do not make it overly complicated.

Just put it to "D",- it will do the math for you....

Yup. I also switched from manual to CVT and didn't have any "transition" problems

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Read the manual from cover to cover.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Read the manual from cover to cover.
    Bro- now, that is arguably a much bigger challenge than putting it into "D" & steering it and moderating it with the brake pedal...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    but it may save him the trouble of posting questions like "how do i replace my busted tail light bulb?" and other DIY-able chores.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    I am with the "stay on D" guys here. The only adjustment I see is learning the quirks of a CVT transmission. Like if accelerating, you just press on the gas continuously and it will stay in the power band for you. Unlike with regular A/T where you press on the gas, then let go slightly for it to shift early.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Staying in D really is best, whatever the terrain. At this mode, the RPM won't suddenly spike up unlike in the other modes. It is also more efficient as eco-mode works in D. Since you don't need to pull the switch trigger between N and D, it is easy to free-wheel on downhills then pull back to D on the up-slope. Working with only these 2 removes room for confusion.

For sustained, high-speed downhill drives where I want some engine-brake assist, I sometimes switch to S, so long as I know I won't be pushing on the gas. I also only use S when I have to overtake surely and quickly. There has been no situation so far where I would prefer L.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12