New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Do you guys have any issues with your cvt? There was a TSB on valve bodies for the 1.5T versions in the US. This was to address a grinding sound on a hot start up.

Symptoms I expereince is like its shifting thru gears in the 1500rpm ish range. I know it doesnt have gears. Even my old trusty Elantra goes thru gears better(less jerky)

Ive driven the altis 1.6 cvt and the honda city 1.5 cvt and both are quite smooth. though toyotas cvt is way smoother. and that was a rental car that receive way more abuse.

Anyways I tried checking FB CCPH civic club ph and Im not sure if im blocked or something but Im not getting any results lng. kindof weird.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    None on my Civic 1.8's CVT with 60k kms already. None on the CRV either with 22k kms.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    None on my Civic 1.8's CVT with 60k kms already. None on the CRV either with 22k kms.

buti naman bro yours are ok. I might get the extended warranty for this car.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    None din with mine. Although 1.8k mileage palang, pero hopefully no issues arise

5. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    This thread should be renamed to *EPS* issues

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Damn even the civic fc has EPS issues? Seems common with Hondas. The GE & GM Generation jazz also had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Both the Civic FC and new CRV have EPS issues. Forunately have not had them on my Civic, but the CRV already manifested the EPS issues at just 10k kms.

It's not a make-or-break issue because the steering works fine, it's just that it makes funny noises when turning lock to lock.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Both the Civic FC and new CRV have EPS issues. Forunately have not had them on my Civic, but the CRV already manifested the EPS issues at just 10k kms.

It's not a make-or-break issue because the steering works fine, it's just that it makes funny noises when turning lock to lock.

kindoff expereinced this too.. maybe ill start a new thread on it...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    update lng. SA Renzo suggested ECU and TCM reset. so far its better. didnt charge me at all. though i had the steering and suspension alignment

10. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    update lng. SA Renzo suggested ECU and TCM reset. so far its better. didnt charge me at all. though i had the steering and suspension alignment
    Did you just drop by the casa or have your checkup scheduled?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast