New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    guys, kailangang ko uli ng expertise nyo. ano ang pros and cons of buying a Honda civic vti 2002 model (or vti- s depende kung kaya ng budget). ok ba talaga sya? how about ung gas consumption? thank uli sa inyo!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hey! This is exactly my car! But mine's not for sale yet!

I get 10.5 km/l on petron extra unleaded and 31 psi tires. I have 57 thou on the odo. No kalawang of any sort yet. Pero nung bago pa lang, nagpalit siya on warranty ng front suspension at nung gas tank strap thingy. I get great acceleration and speed that I'm not even tempted to race anyone. The a/c is still very cool and though the nvh has deteriorated somewhat, I'ver had worse.

I hope that helps. More importantly, bring a good mechanic and find out if the car's condition is still good -- mas relevant yata yun kesa sa rep ng car (unless you're buying mine but it's not for sale yet!).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [quote=pup2;769371]Hey! This is exactly my car! But mine's not for sale yet!

I get 10.5 km/l on petron extra unleaded and 31 psi tires. I have 57 thou on the odo. No kalawang of any sort yet. Pero nung bago pa lang, nagpalit siya on warranty ng front suspension at nung gas tank strap thingy. I get great acceleration and speed that I'm not even tempted to race anyone. The a/c is still very cool and though the nvh has deteriorated somewhat, I'ver had worse.

I hope that helps. More importantly, bring a good mechanic and find out if the car's condition is still good -- mas relevant yata yun kesa sa rep ng car (unless you're buying mine but it's not for sale yet!).

10.5 km/l? wow, i was only expecting 7-8 km/l. salamat po!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I own a 2001 1.5L model and my main gripe is the soft rear suspension (had to change to KYB gas shocks). I had problems with the engine shutting down but it was traced to a defective sensor (i put up a topic on the maintainance forum for this).

Fuel consumption i get in the city (1.5L m/t) is around 11km/L... if i get into bad traffic or drive a bit hard then it goes down to 9. On the highway with easy driving i do 14, with hard driving it goes to around 11. I'd expect the VTi to do a range of around 8-12 depending on the road conditions.

For a while my engine vibration got bad but it turned out to be a busted motor mount. Parts arent a problem and space is also good for a car of it's age. My suspension was already fixed to a kalampag free state (at Cruven); i find the a/c weak as compared to the ones in our Nissans and Toyotas before.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I also have a 2001 VTi a/t.

Of all the civics, 7th gen ang may pinakamaraming deffect, mainly the following:

Front compliance bushing
    Front shocks
    Front srpings
    TDC sensor (ito yung cause ng bigla namamatay makina)
    headlight switch
    ECU (needs reflashing to an upgraded version)
    Fuel tank band
    Aircon Power transistor (Yung nag cocontrol ng aircon blower speed)
    engine support
    throttle body (ito yung cause ng common idle dropping)
    Front brake pads

Lahat yan pag nireklamo mo sa casa while the car is with in warranty papalitan nila. Yun lang ang hassel, balik ng balik sa casa.

I suggest kung bibili ka ng 7th gen check mo yung maintenance history kung nag comply na sa lahat ng mga recall na yan. Just get the plate number then run it sa system ng honda (dapat may kilala kang service advisopr para libre :d )

Once those deffects have been rectified, wala ka na sakit ng ulo.

My car, 2001 model is one of the first cars na lumabas ng planta. My car happen to have all those deffects mentioned above! :D But thanks to HCP and CSG, nalaman ko yung mga common problems ng 7th gen and so I had this fixed before mag expire ang warranty ko.

My car, now 6 years old still gets 8 to 9 kms/L city driving. Not bad for a 1.6L a/t. Mas mabilis siya mag accelerate kaysa altis a/t and other 1600cc a/t cars. The car is very roomy! Yuna ng sinasabi parati ng mga nakakasakay sa oto ko, ang luwag daw! the rear has a flat floor and kahit isagad mo yung driver's seat paatras you still have around 8 inches of space in between the rear seat.

Aircon is OK. wala tint oto ko and still comfortable kahit tanghali.

Topspeed i got was 200 kph * 6500 rpm. I did this sa NLEX.

Brakes is not so good for the 01-02 pero yung 03 VTis up naka rear disc brakes na so mas malakas ang brakes.

Visit www.club7thgen.com.ph and find out more about the civic 7th gen. ;)

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Yung sa akin yun lang front suspension thingy tsaka fuel band! Dami naman niyan?Baka sa automatic version lang yan kaya? Yung amin kasi 2001 and 2002 civic na manual parehong yung suspension at fuel band lang pinagawa -- yung fuel band sila pa nag-recall.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Actually mas amdaming recall sa m/t. sa manual common ang idle drop.
    Nung nalaman ko kasi na may recall sa mga yan, kahit hindi nagpakit ang sign yung car ko nireklamo ko sa casa. Pinalitan pa din nila... :D

Mahirap na baka bumigay yun after ng warranty mas magastos.

Yung fuel tank band nag campagn sila kasi may naaksidente na 2003 VTiS, nalaglag yung fuel tank papunta bicol. Safety issue kasi kaya nirecall lahat. yugn ibang deffect ng ES silent recall ang nangyari. nirepair nila for free yung mga may complain.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    maraming salamat uli sa mga nagreply sa tanong ko! especially to emong3! lahat yata ng pwede kong itanong, nasabi na nya! tnx uli sa lahat!!!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For me, this Civic version isn't a true uprgade from your EK VTi (96-00) or even the EG ESi (92-95). It has more cons than pros.

Pros

- Still great VTEC3 engine (despite suspicions that it's actually a 1.7 rather than the advertised 1.6)
    - Improved rear space
    - mp3-capable stereo

Cons

- Ugly rear design
    - Bouncy ride due to very soft rear suspension, which also affects sportiness attributed to previous Civics.
    - Idling problems (my friend's VTi M/T also suffered this)
    - Sluggish A/T (19 seconds to 100 in the VTi, would you believe?)
    - Falling fuel tank!

Verdict

It's a Civic that shouldn't have been made, a sacrilege to the name hailed by many. For this price range, you're better of with an Altis. And if I were the President, I'll demand Honda to give everyone their money back for this lemon, or else disallow them to sell any more of their vehicles in this country.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    The 7th gen was the first time Honda changed the design for the car, especially the suspension. Honda civic was well known for its 4 wheel double wishbone design. On the 7th gen they used the mc pherson type maybe due to manufacturing cost reduction and space constriction. Notice the 7th gen has a shorter front end compared to other cars of it's class? Honda increased the cabin with out increasing the over all length of the car. Wheel base was stretched. One big factor that made me dislike the 7th gen is the use of mc pherson struts. The 7th gen a.k.a. dimension civic was built to be a sporty family car. Higher stance, roomy interior, bigger trunk space and ergonomically designed. Before I bought the 8th gen, the 7th gen was my family car, and for long road trips. The car is very comfortable to drive. the seats are high para ka namamaneho ng tamaraw FX! :D

I'm not discouraging you to buy this car but I jsut want you to know the common deffects. Ok yan atleast you know what to expect. Hindi yung pag bili mo magugulat ka nalang sa mga sira ng oto mo. ;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
civic vti 2002