New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotkiller View Post
    Yup, thats true kahit may Certificate of Authenticity from Japan people will still think hehe. It's like wearing a Rolex, akala lagi binili sa Greenhills hehe
    so ididikit mo yung certificate of authenticity sa salamin para makita ng lahat?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    hehehe right between the eyes ata...

Anyway di ko na papatulan yung tinamaan basta para sakin uto-uto mga bumili nito.
    Hehe I rest my case. Nobody convinced anyone who bought any of the 26. It's just a matter of taste and preference....

3. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    so ididikit mo yung certificate of authenticity sa salamin para makita ng lahat?
    Hahaha ya we thought of that also but... d na idi... itatawag sa bumili. Stu..d na hehe

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hey congrats if you bought one of those

but there are people here who saw thru hondaphils' way of disposing remaining inventory of the outgoing civic model (great way to sell 26 cars fast diba?)

there are people who don't bite stuff like that

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011

but there are people here who saw thru hondaphils' way of disposing remaining inventory of the outgoing civic model (great way to sell 26 cars fast diba?)

ya that's true, in fact i was informed beforehand that honda cars phil has a large number of 2.0 civic in their inventories and they were having a hard time selling them. That's why they thought of these scheme to attract buyers. Trash talking the set up was way up last month at different forums and blogs. Even a friend of mine, an importer of accessories for honda cars told me about it.
    But as I have said, it's a matter of taste and personal preference. People who bought were not uto uto or idi..., they are suckers! hehehe I agree also that there are people who wont bite stuff like that.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008

Exactly! They have probably leftover inventory of the old Civic 2.0S (I say old cause a new generation Civic is coming next year) and they can't sell it as it is so gawa sila ng gimmick para lang matangal na sa inventory nila yang 2.0S na Civic na yan... Could have been worth it kung merong performance upgrades but stock performance??? Oh please...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Exactly! They have probably leftover inventory of the old Civic 2.0S (I say old cause a new generation Civic is coming next year) and they can't sell it as it is so gawa sila ng gimmick para lang matangal na sa inventory nila yang 2.0S na Civic na yan... Could have been worth it kung merong performance upgrades but stock performance??? Oh please...
    hay naku, kaya nga 1.4m e and not 2.5M like the Subaru WRX STI or the 3.5M Mitsubishi Evo X eh. Do you now how the Real Type R and the Mugen RR costs??? It's 28,000 us dollars and 38,000 usd!!! Aesthetics nga lang yun improvement na nilabas na Mugen dito dont you get it? hayyy.... hehe Para bang sa 1.4 million gusto mo pa high performance? Have you seen the real type R/ Mugen RR? Iba interior nun? iba makina, naka Brembo brakes, iba transmission etc etc. And youre expecting it sa 1.4m? you gotta be kidding hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If Honda made money perhaps not by much. I know my parts and I have other cars tricked out. Now to wit: a Mugen 17in Original Rims at speedlab cost 41k each so multiply that by 4. I have a friend at Banawe sells it 120k (even at 18in) and all these are without tires so add up around 40k on the tires (depends on the brand). So, that's around what... 160k to 180k. We inquired the original mugen bodykits from japan and it will cost around 120 to 140k plus the Logos, the nuts, the rear spoiler, front grill, the garnish, the visor etc... and if you all add up it's around 300k plus the 1.1m price of 2.0 liter
    civic equals 1.4m I have a friend that can set it all up for less than 200k but for what? All copies (fake) only for the body kits and spoilers (which I really dont like). The point is... it's like buying a FAKE Rolex at Greenhills for 3,500 and buying an Original Rolex at G5 for 750,000 ( to millions even). But it's true kanya kanya lang and ganyan talaga.... it's either fake or real d ba.
    But you forget:

Honda Philippines doesn't have to buy parts piecemeal at retail price. 41k for the rims is retail price, Honda itself makes the money on the rims, and Honda Philippines likely gets them at a discount below vendor price, so whatever mark-up Speedlab has on the rims, Honda probably makes more. Same with the body kits and badges.

Tires? Why would that matter? That 1.1 million already includes the standard wheels and tires, which don't come with the car. So subtract maybe 20k+ from the price. Honda can take 26 extra sets of rims and tires and resell them at 25-40k as replacement units to other Honda owners. And that's for the rims alone.

Out of that extra 300k, I expect about 100k is pure profit... or, worst case scenario... 50k. And then add another 60k in profit if they can flip the original wheels and tires to other Honda owners. If Honda can't move stocks, they often sell them at deep, deep, deep, discounts... we got our remaindered (2007 model bought in 08) CR-V for over 100k off sticker because nobody wants a 2.4 liter CR-V nowadays. So, you can add around 100k in revenue NOT lost to that 100k profit.

Personally? I wish they had 2.0 MTs instead...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    But you forget:

Honda Philippines doesn't have to buy parts piecemeal at retail price. 41k for the rims is retail price, Honda itself makes the money on the rims, and Honda Philippines likely gets them at a discount below vendor price, so whatever mark-up Speedlab has on the rims, Honda probably makes more. Same with the body kits and badges.

Tires? Why would that matter? That 1.1 million already includes the standard wheels and tires, which don't come with the car. So subtract maybe 20k+ from the price. Honda can take 26 extra sets of rims and tires and resell them at 25-40k as replacement units to other Honda owners. And that's for the rims alone.

Out of that extra 300k, I expect about 100k is pure profit... or, worst case scenario... 50k. And then add another 60k in profit if they can flip the original wheels and tires to other Honda owners. If Honda can't move stocks, they often sell them at deep, deep, deep, discounts... we got our remaindered (2007 model bought in 08) CR-V for over 100k off sticker because nobody wants a 2.4 liter CR-V nowadays. So, you can add around 100k in revenue NOT lost to that 100k profit.

Personally? I wish they had 2.0 MTs instead...
    yup, me too they should have included a manual transmission and price lower than advertised

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    yup, me too they should have included a manual transmission and price lower than advertised
    you must also take into account that today's car world is also in the world of fashion. people tend to fall prey on appearance and not substance. for honda, it's cheaper to add mugen accessories than entirely modify the current civic, moreso, the next generation of civic. however, mugen parts are not cheap either, especially the suspension, wheels and tires.

but you have to give honda credit for doing this, in japan and in the US, they also have this promotion. the message is, you can own this one-of-a-kind-car if you can. for the owners of this lineup, kudos to you in being exquisite. many people will imitate your car's looks. as the saying goes, immitation is the best form of flattery. but i guess not. IMO, hate is better.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Civic MUGEN Limited Edition