New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    People still mod hondas to make it less slow?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    If only Honda Philippines brought in the real deal FD2 Honda Civic Type R w/ the K20 engine instead of this fake boitoi...
    you are asking too much for a type r. the suspension is too stiff that you will never have a comfortable ride specially if it's a daily commuter car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    155 ps is quite low for a 2.0 dohc engine. adding spoilers and wings will not make it faster. it's disappointing honda philippines went to this route instead of putting the proper engine then add these mugen parts as icing.
    Low?

What locally sold competitor offers more power than that out of a naturally aspirated, emissions compliant 2.0?

The spoiler actually seems to be adjustable... but the amount of downforce it gives probably won't be enough to be felt except as a minor stabilizing force in faster sweepers, like the last turn at Clark.

I'd rather spend my money on a stock 2.0 with no frills, some Type-R cams and a chip.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    234 units of FD2 Type Rs were sold in Malaysia...I wouldn't fathom how much 2nd-hand units now cost.

K20 1,998 cc (1.998 L; 121.9 cu in), 225 PS (165 kW; 222 hp) *8000, 215 N·m (159 lb·ft) *6100:
    *2007- JDM Honda Civic Type-R (FD2)

On 19th April 2010, Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd says it will end sales of the four-door Civic Type R, following an announcement from Honda Motor Co. Ltd Japan that it will discontinue production of the car. Honda Malaysia has sold 234 units of four-door Civic Type R since August 2007 until today.

“After having evaluated the model based on environmental performance, which is the new method of calculating emissions in JC08 mode, as well as current market demands, we believe that the time has come for us to discontinue production of the 4-door Civic Type R,” said the Managing Director and Chief Executive officer of Honda Malaysia, Toru Takahashi in a statement here today.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Low?

What locally sold competitor offers more power than that out of a naturally aspirated, emissions compliant 2.0?

The spoiler actually seems to be adjustable... but the amount of downforce it gives probably won't be enough to be felt except as a minor stabilizing force in faster sweepers, like the last turn at Clark.

I'd rather spend my money on a stock 2.0 with no frills, some Type-R cams and a chip.
    155 ps is roughly low 150 hp. My Civic Si has 197 hp -- Stock, the defunct rsx/integra base model has 160 hp. the 7th gen Si has 160 hp.

the spoiler, it's fixed. the rear spoiler is most useful for rear-wheel drive especially in corners where you will feel how the car hugs the road much better.

now, what are you trying to point out again?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Why would you react so much if somebody bought that car??? This is a free country. It's like buying limited edition watches, it's the buyer preference where to spent his money... And please don't call people idi.. beacause they bought something they like. And if the world is abundant with idi.. I think you are one of them hehe.... Or perhaps you just don't have the money to burn, right? tsksk... and right if only honda released the Type R's and Mugen RR's why not because its the best buy. Here in our country, Filipinos love to buy "copies", immitations... from bags to watches etc. Like those mugen or type r body kits from taiwan or volk racing rims from thailand or Bride seats that are copies also... My point is, dont call people "uto uto or idi..." just because they bought something you dont agree buying for yourself for some reason or another. If you have nothing to say good to a person then just keep to yourself beacause you are no better....

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    May uto-uto na atang bumili nito eh... Its obvious Honda is trying to milk their existing inventory of Civics and hoping some idiot bites. The world is abundant of idiots hehehe
    Oh my... you are entitled to your opinion but I think you are the idi... one. Why bother if someone bought that car? Did he used your money huh? He likes it and that does not make him an "uto uto" nor an idi... You mean to say, if I buy a 2 million IWC watch makes me an idiot??? I think not hehehe...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    bagong register at dito unang nag post..

mukhang tinamaan ka brad sa thread na ito ha

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by c_cube View Post
    bagong register at dito unang nag post..

mukhang tinamaan ka brad sa thread na ito ha
    Yun lang. Sabagay kanyan-kanya lang talaga yan kaso nga parang overpriced na lang eh.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    My point is, dont call people "uto uto or idi..." just because they bought something you dont agree buying for yourself for some reason or another.
    Let the flaming begin...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Civic MUGEN Limited Edition