New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Gud day mga katsikoters!

Just want to share my current headache on my civic.
    yeah its a stock, wala p pang pa change angine eh.hehe

anyway, i observed that it is losing oil. it just run about 2500km since its last oil change and ive already pour in about a liter and now the level is down to slightly higher between the center of 2 dots. it loses much of the oil after driving from an expressway, i usually reved at average of only 3000 to 3400rpm on the expessway and the tail pipe doesnt show that much smoke.
    what could be causing this?
    do you guys think its time or its rebuilt?

is it true that using synthetic oil for old engine saves it from eating oil?

thank u to all.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Kapag ginamitan mo yan ng synthetic oil mas kakainin lang ang langis kung medyo malaki na nga ang gap ng piston ring sa cylinder. Patingnan mo na lang ang intake at exhaust, kapag namamasa yan, it's time na para ioverhaul

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    Kapag ginamitan mo yan ng synthetic oil mas kakainin lang ang langis kung medyo malaki na nga ang gap ng piston ring sa cylinder. Patingnan mo na lang ang intake at exhaust, kapag namamasa yan, it's time na para ioverhaul
    thanks s reply sir!

ok naman po yung intake ko saka exhaust, di naman namamasa ng langis. di rin nman po mausok, all leaks are done narin po pati yung konting katas katas sa transmission, nakamid pipe nga po pla oto, mas ok kaya magplagay ako ng muffler?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    unless may leak or tinakbo na ng million kilometers ang honda they're not generally known for eating oil. kahit yung mga luma.

i suggest you switch to a thick oil muna, like 20w-50 and see if it slows the consumption.

park your honda on a level place, leave overnight and then check in the morning BEFORE you start it. pag nagbawas, add oil then.

do not use fully synthetic, sayang lang pera mo.

have a buddy drive behind you while you run a short road at 3,000 RPM. ask him if he observes white smoke from the tailpipe. if so, it could be just your valve seals leaking. mura lang ito, maybe 100 per piece and you need 4. it's a long shot, pero malay mo..

now if talagang malakas pa din, sadly, you may have to buy a new (used) engine na. i hear 25-30K na lang d15 engine from japan ngayon... it's similar to your ph15. if you don't know a honda engine technician at ipapagawa mo lang sa free lance mechanic, it may not be a good idea to rebuild... besides... pareho rin lang halos ang gastos mo if you just buy and drop in a new engine.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I had a similar problem with my Mazda carb engine.

Synthetic oil is too thin for such an old engine!

As per sir volts, try thicker oil!

civic lx 94 with ph15 carbed engine losing oil...help!