New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    from my experience with our sentra, the cvt is purely for smoothness and efficiency. awesome in cruising at low speeds up to about 70-80mph, otherwise it struggles. in addition to that buzzing sound i get that "rubberband" feel where you step on the gas harder and this thing takes it sweet time to increase accelaration .

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    No wonder

Try to shift into S mode and you'll get better response though! When I want to pass somebody I don't floor it anymore; instead, I slightly jab at the accelerator and simultaneously downshift to S in the CVT. Gives it better response, much more satisfying than the "motorboat syndrome," which actually becomes mind-numbing after a while.
    Slightly OT:
    Hehehe no thanks bro, mine has a stick and three pedals. No "motorboat syndrome" here, yessirreebob!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Ah, yes the stick shift. I only know two of you who have a Honda Jazz - you and CVT. Well, at least among those who post often

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    any of you guys experienced a slight delay in acceleration when starting from a standstill, or the car moving backwards even if the tranny is put in drive on the slightest of inclines? mine does this, I dont know if this is normal

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bratski View Post
    any of you guys experienced a slight delay in acceleration when starting from a standstill, or the car moving backwards even if the tranny is put in drive on the slightest of inclines? mine does this, I dont know if this is normal

Yes bro., bratski,- your experience is perfectly normal ( and natural) .... Exactly our experience, too....

That is why a lot of my officemates, who by the way bought A/Ts, are surprised to hear (and feel) the same experience....

Don't worry, you'll get used to it....(I hope because the former still irritates me, a bit.....).

OT: Nice tracking of the Jazz owners, bro. mbeige!

6000:mobile:

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I second Bratski's experience with the slight delay and backward slide. I can deal with the backward slide but the slight delay upon acceleration can be irritating if you're in a hurry!

OT: Well, I try at least that way if any inquiries arise from the cars, I know who to ask hehe

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    thanks guys for the input, Ive had matic cars before the city and none of them has shown these symptoms. The acceleration lag really bothers me, probably the only thing i could complain about in the city hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    about the resetting of the CVT, what symptoms do you guys experience to merit a reset?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I've only reset the CVT when I changed battery. I didn't attempt to drive the car before doing the reset, so....

6000:mobile:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
City CVT question..