New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Hi im just a newbee here. I just want your opinion on choosing between Altis S and Civic 1.8V. Im going to buy a car and my choices are down to these two cars. I know that Altis will be evolving next year but I like their sport variant while Civic 8th gen is a nice and new model car, but 1.8V is their low-end variant. May I know what are the ups and downs these cars? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.8V is my choice.

the altis is O-L-D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    +1 for the Civic

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monztermind View Post
    I know that Altis will be evolving next year but I like their sport variant while Civic 8th gen is a nice and new model car, but 1.8V is their low-end variant.
    The change to an all new model for the Corolla Altis might happen near the end of this year (2007).

As for the supposed sports variant of the Corolla Altis, the Altis S, it is simply a J variant (low end variant) that has been outfitted with body kits and mags. It also has leather seats.

The Civic is a better choice and since it was launched last year only, you can expect it to last for another 4 yrs before Honda launches an all new body by 2011. Quality is not the strength of the Honda Sta Rosa plant as evidenced by the perennial driver's window problem that still haunts newly released Civics upto now and a noisy engine mount (which I think is solved already).

If not, you can always wait for the all new Corolla Altis that should be released late this year or early next year.

Choosing bet Altis S and Civic 1.8V