New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Far easier to just change your driving style. And a lot cheaper.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    swapping transmissions on an ESi has been done, but it's really a pain. it's not as smple as just buying a tranny and putting it where the automatic was, you know.

just some of the things i can think of off the top of me head:

1. new tranny (good luck finding one without an ECU)
    2. ECU
    3. center console
    4. new pedals, you will need 3

sarap mag drive ng automatic ha... if i were you i'll cherish my a/t car. sa presyo ng nabanggit ko sa taas, including labor, pwede mo na palakasin yng kotse mo using various mods, that if better driving experience ang habol mo.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    again, buy a d15b engine with a/t tranny. simpliest option if you want an a/t and willing to spend on it.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    me i have an esi 95 A/T. Sobrang sarap gamitin. It is not as what you think of sa consumption ng gas. it really depends on your driving style. mas matipid pa nga minsan A/T kesa sa M/T, depends sa apak mo sa gas. Remember, shifting should be between 2800 - 3200 rpm and make sure properly inflated lahat ng tires and iwasan mabilis na arangkada. Eto ang tips sa M/T para tipid sa gas. Sa A/T naman you should be easy on the gas pedal and it will shift between 2800 - 3200 rpm. mas madiin tapad mo mas matagal shift it is because hinahayaan ka nya humataw or bumirit.

in my opnion, kung naghahanap ka tlga ng sakit ng ulo, tuloy mo yung project mo na pag palit ng AT to MT. hirap nyan bro. kahit na matapos mo yng conversion, im sure there will be problems still... iba dimensions / sukat ng holes for example, tpos sa pedal magbubutas ka pa. ramdam mo cgrado yung kaibahan. tama yung sabe ng iba, modify mo na lang matututwa ka pa. stage 1 (IHE) mo na yan bro. i'm planning to put stage 1 mods on me esi soon

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tnx bros sa mga reply..i've already decided to keep it as it is.tnx for the enlightenments..jaz a few questions about mods:1)anong mods ang maganda para mas gumanda ang takbo and at the same time e fuel efficient..2)ano yung stage 1 (EHI),ngyn ko lang kc narinig yun e?what does it do? 3)pls give me some insight about changing my muffler and air filter..anong mga maganda brand or klase..tnx!!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Tnx bros sa mga reply..i've already decided to keep it as it is.tnx for the enlightenments..jaz a few questions about mods:

1)anong mods ang maganda para mas gumanda ang takbo and at the same time e fuel efficient.. Simple, drive properly, maintain your car as scheduled (tune up, etc) and drop the idea of making engine upgrades or installing additional accessories that would make your car heavier...

2)ano yung stage 1 (EHI),ngyn ko lang kc narinig yun e?what does it do? 3)pls give me some insight about changing my muffler and air filter..anong mga maganda brand or klase.. Again, as I've just mentioned, changing your muffler, air cleaner, et al WOULD NOT help make your fuel go the distance. Always remember, for every performance upgrade you make, the more you consume fuel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
changing A/T to M/T...