New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi guys, i bought a new honda hatcback recently and I'm having problems with its car keys, i just found out recently that the key that i have doesn't work with the door locks but it works perfectly fine using the ignition. The car has its own alarm that's why it took me weeks before i found out about this problem. The key is already a spare one and i was told that the original was lost long time ago. I've also already asked multiple key duplicates shop for assistnace but they said that it would only duplicate the key and not fix the car lock issue. How do i go about this guys? Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Not unless your car has the keyhole which is integrated with the door handles already, why not just buy a set of Solex door locks? Retails for less than 1k at most automotive accessories shops, last time I checked. Tutal, sabi mo naman it works fine on the ignition.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Maybe the door locks are stucked up or defective already. Go to shops specializing in door locks. If your door locks are defective, they can replace it with surplus. They will adjust it to make your key work on it ( trial and error nga lang ).Ingat lang. If they will try to sell you doorlocks with key, don't accept it. Baka tinatamad lang magadjust ng doorlock or baka pain yun para madali macarnap kotse mo he he.

I have already tried this one. Kaya base on experience ito.Goodluck!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Just replace the other door locks with after market ones..like Solex or something

just my 2 cents

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Thanks sa advises guys, i'll probably have my door lock checked and replaced if ever. Saan kaya may shop ng maayos na gagawa nito? how much kaya labor if i bough a solex lock and asked them to install it?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    bro sabihin mo muna ang location mo para makapagsuggest sila ng malapit sa iyo. kasi sayang lang ang effort magsabi yun pala napakalayo mo at hindi mo namanpupuntahan. kung tutuusin ang dami pwedeng pagagawaan masmaganda tung kakilala mo na para sigurado ka.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    pwede rin patangal mo muna isang susian mo sa pinto tapos dalhin mo sa gumagawa ng susi pagawa ka doon. yung malapit na lang sa iyo para kung magkaproblema madali mo lang maibabalik.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by raine View Post
    pwede rin patangal mo muna isang susian mo sa pinto tapos dalhin mo sa gumagawa ng susi pagawa ka doon. yung malapit na lang sa iyo para kung magkaproblema madali mo lang maibabalik.

Salamat Raine, dito nga pala ko QC area malapit sa SM Fairview.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    have the same problem with the driver side door. was told that the tumbler mechanism is faulty. is there a place near ateneo that can change and/or configure a new door lock so that i can use my old key.

Car keys not working on door locks