New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Guys Pls help we are about to buy a 2005 Honda Crv (2nd gen facelifted) we already saw one and already closed a deal with the owner. I just want to know if it's worth it, pls share some thoughts. The asking price of his crv was 450k but we were able to get it *400k, and we are going to pay it next week. His not a buy and sell guy he is the direct owner of the car.

Details:
    2005 model mt maroon color with 70k milage, 1st owner complete casa records. body is in excelent condition, fresh with four thick tires.

Minor isue:
    It has a small damage on the lower left side part of the taillight.
    Right side passenger door, looks like already repainted, you can notice it once you stare on it.
    Front bumper has a dent, but was covered it with a paint , you can also notice it once you check the car carfully.

-The rest are in excellent condition and it's all stock. pls let me know if it's worth it *400k... thanks guys

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Umm... Sure, it's a good deal kung yung mga sinabi mo lang ang problem. Since second hand, it's not going to be in perfect condition. Those are acceptable and I would rather have a great condition engine suspension and transmission rather a great looking paint job.

Just take care of the unit and enjoy the car. Only downside is you have to buy a tail Light Pero kung hindi maselan, ok na.
    Last edited by [archie]; November 9th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_boogey View Post
    Guys Pls help we are about to buy a 2005 Honda Crv (2nd gen facelifted) we already saw one and already closed a deal with the owner. I just want to know if it's worth it, pls share some thoughts. The asking price of his crv was 450k but we were able to get it *400k, and we are going to pay it next week. His not a buy and sell guy he is the direct owner of the car.

Details:
    2005 model mt maroon color with 70k milage, 1st owner complete casa records. body is in excelent condition, fresh with four thick tires.

Minor isue:
    It has a small damage on the lower left side part of the taillight.
    Right side passenger door, looks like already repainted, you can notice it once you stare on it.
    Front bumper has a dent, but was covered it with a paint , you can also notice it once you check the car carfully.

-The rest are in excellent condition and it's all stock. pls let me know if it's worth it *400k... thanks guys

IMO the price is a little high for a manual, I would haggle it for 380k to 390k but not along the 400k barrier, but since you already closed the deal at 400k then go for it.

Like what archie said, I would pay more attention to the engine and suspension parts, for they are more important than body appearance. Enjoy your new purchase.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    have you been given thoughts on its FC? its FC is around 6km/l, city driving. test drive mo muna sir, baka nabangga na yan kasi sabi mo, may napansin ka. kadalasan kasi, pag nabangga, may problema sa alignment. afaik, walang chassis ang crv. pag may gumalaw na part sa body, apektado ang takbo. hope this helps.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    M/T yan check mo kung pinalitan na clutch assembly nyan. baka matyempo ikaw pa gagastos nyan. ask mo din kung nagpalit na sya shocks or all stocks pa din. yan kasi mga major parts na pinalitan ko na sa ride kong 10yrs old na.

saka ang fuel consumption niyan mataas. baka maging madalas trips mo sa gas stations.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Mga Sir thank you so much for your thoughts, actually engine is in excellent condition very quiet walang mga tagas. muka maingat yung owner s car. actually the car is just for coding use only, he has extra car. Oldies na din yung owner kya cguro medyo mlabo n mata kya ngkaroon ng mga small dent yung car.inside the car very clean drives very smooth. hindi ko p nga lng napaangat s gas station to check the underneath of the car. Medyo mtaas nga s 400k roughly mga 380k sna fair price na. kaso mom ko n yung tumawad for 400k gusto gusto nya kasi yung car, sobrang ngandhan cia nung makita nya, kya wla na ko choice. that,s why i'm asking for some opinion if it's worth *400k.

-thank you so much guys, share nman kayo ng mga do's and don'ts ng crv.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_boogey View Post
    Mga Sir thank you so much for your thoughts, actually engine is in excellent condition very quiet walang mga tagas. muka maingat yung owner s car. actually the car is just for coding use only, he has extra car. Oldies na din yung owner kya cguro medyo mlabo n mata kya ngkaroon ng mga small dent yung car.inside the car very clean drives very smooth. hindi ko p nga lng napaangat s gas station to check the underneath of the car. Medyo mtaas nga s 400k roughly mga 380k sna fair price na. kaso mom ko n yung tumawad for 400k gusto gusto nya kasi yung car, sobrang ngandhan cia nung makita nya, kya wla na ko choice. that,s why i'm asking for some opinion if it's worth *400k.

-thank you so much guys, share nman kayo ng mga do's and don'ts ng crv.
    Sir please don't use text speak in the forums, Bawal po iyan dito,

For your piece of mind get a trusted mechanic to see the overall condition of the car, ask the seller if it's okay with him/her to bring the unit to a shop of your preference.

Check for wear and tear, the car is 8 years old, it's obvious the suspension parts have taken a beating, check the shocks for leaks, springs and bushings. For 70k kms. it may be time to change the timing belt and tension bearing and water pump as well. Change the engine oil, transmission oil and power steering fluid ( use genuine Honda oil and fluids only for transmission and power steering. ) Check the oil pan for gasket wear and power steering rack for leaks.

Open and close the doors and tailgate, if you hear a hard sound or one that differs from the other, chances are it was replaced or has suffered collision. Check the carpeting na din, see and feel if the texture is still smooth and check the door panels for any sign of tampering. Good luck.