New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I am itching to get a brand new honda city 2008 model now.

One thing holding me is that my specific color and variant is currently out of stock. Either the plant stopped manufacturing it in anticipation for the 2009 new release or that there's too much demand for my city these days.

I dont have an idea on the aesthetics of the 2009 honda city. I saw some photos online, but some are just photoshopped and would be far from the real release.

Tsikot members,
    Should i hold off the 2008 honda city purchase and wait for the 2009 model? Ano sa tingin nyo?

Pros and cons pls.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you were to ask me. ill go and get the model na meron ngayon....

the new model will surly be higher priced than the current one.

yung doubt lang sa next city is baka better engine or baka bad engine... we would never know unless it comes out and take experiences from owners. that is kung bago engine na lalagay sa city.

sa current model, you are sure on the perfomance. the price would not be higher.

my 2 cents

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you wait for the 2009 model, it will definitely be more expensive than the 2008 model. Something to consider, especially if you need the car now, waiting will just end up costing you more in two ways:

- higher new car price (2009 vs 2008)
    - fuel consumption of your current vehicle (I assume would be higher than the City)

The Honda City/Jazz is really in heavy demand now due to the high price of fuel. So more and more new car buyers are opting for cars with better FC figures than buying cars for luxury proposes like SUVs.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    the new model will have two engines. 1.3L iVTEC and 1.5L iVTEC

100PS and 120PS respectively. But i think 5AT nalang siya no more CVT for us. The current city makes 110PS (VTEC)

im still speculating that the newer models will consume more gas because of this. however, rumors are also circulating that it would have drive by wire technology so siguro maoffset nito ang pagkawala ng CVT

5. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    thanks guys for your opinions!

i do feel more inclined to make a purchase very soon.

suysuy: i am planning to get the 1.3 S vatiant m/t so its the most fuel efficient of all honda city models. (i think.. )

regards to all.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Good choice, the present GD6 City 1.3 with the manual gearbox. Perhaps not the most efficient outright (the CVT models have the uncanny knack of running at a very low 1500 RPM), but the good ol' manual 'box is much more reliable than the CVT.

Good luck on the purchase

Suysuy:
    Your suspicion is correct at least as far as Honda Japan's official fuel economy figures are concerned. If the new City uses the same L13A and L15A i-VTEC engines the new GE Jazz has (and it's very likely it will), expect a negligible drop in fuel economy (by just about 0.2-0.5 km/L). Not very large, mind you, but noticeable if you keep tabs on these things...then again the increased performance is also a boon.

Then again, it's still up to how you drive the car. ;)

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    I am in the same predicament. The City 2008 is a good buy pero baka magsisi ako when I see the 2009. I will wait for the 2009 na lang. I called up Honda and sa December or January daw lalabas. The price will not increase by more than 50k daw. Not bad if ever ok talaga ang 2009.

Wait na lang. Baka magsisi pa.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Unless you really have to buy a car now, I would definitely wait especially since new City is already out in other markets!

My guess is that new City should be here in 6 months...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    win win situation of you wait

if you buy when the 2009 model is released, you can get good deals on the previous model

or you can get the 2009 model and be one of the first owners

Buy Honda City 2008 now or wait next years' new model?