New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    I got confirmation that the OEM of Honda brake master are Nissin (not Seiken) and able to find a shop which sells them at only 7500.

But Honda casa said to install outside parts, they need to charge 30% of their original price which is
    about 4,000. This is expensive.. however they said only they have Dialysis machine for proper bleeding treatment.

Since I got an OEM, there is no more concern about pedal softness. Therefore I want to let it be installed outside saving 4,000.

So my final question is. What other Dialysis Centers in the Philippines besides Honda? Kasi most technician doesn't treat bleeding or don't know how to deal with it. They just let it flow to basin at floor daw.

Thank you!
    Afaik, wheelers suspension haus sa N. Roxas st. May brake dialysis machine.

Sent from my SM-J120H using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    This morning I bought the Honda brake master OEM (official brand Nissin) for CRV 04.

It is identical to the original except the colour of the cap. I nearly got a Seiken but they say the pedal resistance may never feel the same as the original.

This afternoon puno na mga service centers sa banawe.. Bukas ipa install ko sa isa doon.. Then bring it to Honda casa to let them bleed it (because of bad experience with veteran mechanico who doesn't know how to drain (see below)).

Yesterday kasi I went to the service center between 14th street and Gilmore and have my steering pressure hose changed.. the head technician/mechanic didn't know how to remove the black steering fluid. They never change or flush it daw since 2001. I'm surprised. And upon insistence that he must remove the black fluid.. he tried to do it by removing the pressure hose from the rack and pinion and draining it pero commented fresh yun lumabas (eh he pours new ones sa reservoir then get it out in the pressure hose so simpre fresh). Pakatapus black pa rin steering fluid. Pero upon asking from Honda.. dapat yung return hose i-drain para pass na sa rack and pinion draining it.. not the pressure hose.. ang ingay na tuloy yun rack and pinion.. i don't know if sira na. I will let Honda flush it.

I asked him how to remove air in case install nya braking master.. he said basta lagay lang basin sa baba and put new brake fluid. He doesn't do any bleeding. I gave the address of the service center so you can check yourself what i said is true.

I think solutions reached. Thanks to all those who help.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Mekaniko ba talaga napupuntahan mo? Hindi sila marunong mag bleed ng brake line?

Bomba-pirmi lang yan. A simple but 2-man job.

We bought a brake vacuum machine a few years back for the diy job. Wala kasi ako kasama to do the bomba-pirmi

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by k_leos View Post
    This morning I bought the Honda brake master OEM (official brand Nissin) for CRV 04.

It is identical to the original except the colour of the cap. I nearly got a Seiken but they say the pedal resistance may never feel the same as the original.

This afternoon puno na mga service centers sa banawe.. Bukas ipa install ko sa isa doon.. Then bring it to Honda casa to let them bleed it (because of bad experience with veteran mechanico who doesn't know how to drain (see below)).

Yesterday kasi I went to the service center between 14th street and Gilmore and have my steering pressure hose changed.. the head technician/mechanic didn't know how to remove the black steering fluid. They never change or flush it daw since 2001. I'm surprised. And upon insistence that he must remove the black fluid.. he tried to do it by removing the pressure hose from the rack and pinion and draining it pero commented fresh yun lumabas (eh he pours new ones sa reservoir then get it out in the pressure hose so simpre fresh). Pakatapus black pa rin steering fluid. Pero upon asking from Honda.. dapat yung return hose i-drain para pass na sa rack and pinion draining it.. not the pressure hose.. ang ingay na tuloy yun rack and pinion.. i don't know if sira na. I will let Honda flush it.

I asked him how to remove air in case install nya braking master.. he said basta lagay lang basin sa baba and put new brake fluid. He doesn't do any bleeding. I gave the address of the service center so you can check yourself what i said is true.

I think solutions reached. Thanks to all those who help.
    I don't think the guy you mentioned can be called a mechanic.😁

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    good share bro. hope you get bled properly

6. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    good share bro. hope you get bled properly
    This was what I've researching the past 3 hours especially after meeting mechanic who ignored it.. it seems some just focus on connecting parts and not concerned with the consequences (for example the 14th st, Gilmore auto service center)...

Anyway as refresher.. I learnt from Gimme a brake! Why air in the line can be deadly - The Globe and Mail

"Why is air a problem? A quick brake refresher: brakes are hydraulic. When you push the brake pedal, brake fluid – a thick liquid that doesn't get easily compressed under pressure – transfers the force from the pedal through the brake lines and to the brakes. But if air gets into the brake lines, either from an improper bleed or from a leak, then the force from the pedals compresses the air and not the fluid. That means the energy from your foot isn't getting to the brakes like it should be."

so everything.. including initial Brake Master has to be bleed in the bench.. but the service centers in Banawe I asked don't do this..

So question.. what service center you know can do complete bleeding by making initial bench bleed and later removing the bleed valve in the calipers to bleed the air? I will do this Monday because bukas sunday madami close and day off.

I can't do it the initial brake master replacement at Honda because I used OEM and they would charge 30% of their original price additional to the labor charge.. although I can go to them after they are just assembled.. but need at least partial bleed para ndi mag fail brake on way to Honda.. it seems when the talier don't properly bleed the brakes.. they would blame the pedal problem to the replacement (this was what the 14th st Gilmore mechanic told me.. all replacement doesn't feel normal daw and he doesn't do any bleeding...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    call zix performance or motech or speedlab or powertorq...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    call zix performance or motech or speedlab or powertorq...

Na confirmed mo each of them do bench bleeding? That's great! I'll call each of them on Monday. Thanks.

I think bleeding brake fluid is rocket science.. consisting of tubes, valves, critical liquid and mixing which all rockets do..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    no bro, ask them if or maybe they do proper bleeding and bm replacement

10. Join Date
    Apr 2016

Car zone said they don't individually bench bleed but do it when installed by tapping the brakes.

I want to know the technicalities.. Supposed you installed it empty and add brake fluid to the reservoir with air in the cylinders.. and you repeatedly press the brakes with the bleed valves in the brake calipers open (lahat ba na car meron bleed valve?).. can all the air be sucked out eventually or 100% required talaga ang bench bleed??

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast