New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi there. I am planning to replace two of my tires. I am currently using Bridgestone Potenza GIII. They have good grip in dry or wet. however, they are a bit noisy at tsaka parang kumakabig kpag mejo ndi pantay daan (tramline ba tawag dun; please correct me if I am wrong). I checked from Freddies sabi nila wala sila GIII pero they have Bridgestone Potenza RE001. Is this the equivalent? Is GT Champiro advisable as well? Let me know if you have other suggestions mejo mahal kasi bridgestone.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I swapped to Kumho Ecsta SPTs, 195/55R15 85V, when I downgraded from 16" to 15" a month ago. My old tires were Toyo Proxes 4 all-seasons, 205/45R16 87W, and those were great.

The only complaint I have with the Kumhos is that they have taller sidewalls than the aspect ratio would have you believe, and it's a common trend to the SPTs. If you could, look for the 195/50R15 version.

In every other department they are quite stellar and more than enough for a road tire. Quiet, comfortable, progressive in losing and gaining grip (you'd have to do something stupid to unstick them, like brake hard mid-corner), and great in the wet. A treadwear rating of 320 means you won't run out of serviceable tread depth in the 5-6 years you'll be using them.

They're even priced right, too: Wheelhaus in Evangelista sells them for PhP2750 apiece.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir hindi ba bukulin yung Kumho tires? May nasabi kasi boss ko na yung sa kanya my bukol. Not so sure kung yung same yung gamit ninyo. How does Kumho ECSTA perform during dry and wet condition? maingay po ba siya o tolerable?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by cjre2 View Post
    sir hindi ba bukulin yung Kumho tires? May nasabi kasi boss ko na yung sa kanya my bukol. Not so sure kung yung same yung gamit ninyo. How does Kumho ECSTA perform during dry and wet condition? maingay po ba siya o tolerable?
    I think you should read my post again...

As far as bukol is concerned...Kumho's TRUCK tires are more susceptible to that. No problems as far as their passenger car tires are concerned.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sorry sir hindi ko po napansin mejo matagal kasi ako nakareply. Thank you sir sa inputs. Great help. Based from your previous responses napansin ko you usually go to subic for racing so I think in terms of tire performance you will not use anything less. I will check out what you have suggested. Thank you again.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sir Type 100 do you have any experience on falken ze522? i saw a good price for it about PhP 2600 per tire. baka may idea ka o kaibigan mo who tried it already. thank you.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Nope haven't tried any Falkens. Should be a good tire though. The 522s are probably the successor to the ZE512s.

I could suggest a few more brands with good feedback at the 195/50R15 or 195/55R15 size:
    - Federal 595EVO
    - Maxxis Victra MA-Z1
    - Yokohama S.Drive (soft sidewalls)
    - Toyo DRB
    - Toyo Proxes T1R (hard to find though)

8. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Bakit sir naglalagay po ng 195mm tires sa stock 15s rims ng jazz? According to the rim width x tire width table, 195mm is the max width allowed for 5.5" rims. Isn't it risky to choose the max side of the limits?

Why is it that many jazz owners want to increase the width from the stock tires?

Thank you.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by cjre2 View Post
    Hi there. I am planning to replace two of my tires. I am currently using Bridgestone Potenza GIII. They have good grip in dry or wet. however, they are a bit noisy at tsaka parang kumakabig kpag mejo ndi pantay daan (tramline ba tawag dun; please correct me if I am wrong). I checked from Freddies sabi nila wala sila GIII pero they have Bridgestone Potenza RE001. Is this the equivalent? Is GT Champiro advisable as well? Let me know if you have other suggestions mejo mahal kasi bridgestone.
    Try westlake tire. Mura pero china yun. Pero ok naman 2 years ko na gamit 3 na times gala batangas to bataan to baguio. Ok naman

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    saan po ba pwedeng makabili ng tires for my honda city na maraming choices ng tire brand? 185 60 R15...

Best Tire for Honda Jazz