New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Honda SPA, sa Mindanao Avenue nga lang, much cheaper and nakikita mo pa ang ginagawa sa unit mo.... mababait and magagalang pa kausap ang mga tao.... duon ako dati nagpapaservice ng honda city namin before, pero ngayon parts na lang binibili namin dahil mas mura pa rin sila, DIY na lang ang PMS....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi guys.

I have a Honda City 2009 1.5e that just hit 30k. Surprisingly low, I know. I bought this second hand at 23k mileage.

Where would you recommend bringing it for PMS? I was thinking of Honda Spa or Honda QC or Marcos Highway. Magkano ba sa places na yun?

I'd rather not go back to Honda Pasig. When I got this fixed for some minor stuff, the SA informed me that last time the car was checked under them, November 2011, it was already at 54k. I really didn't mind, the car's engine still sounds good and malakas pa hatak ng kotse, it still feels new.

Regarding Honda Pasig, the deal breaker for me were:

-I told them to check the suspension arm and stab link at the driver's side since I was hearing some muffled popping sound pag nalulubak or nasa humps na mataas. They said they didn't find anything wrong. A few weeks after, I had it checked sa
    trusted mechanic ng friend ko. Binaklas yung suspension and we saw na lumulusot na ng tuluyan yung suspension.

-The SA told me we should replace the power steering and transmission but also said that di pa naman daw talaga sira. I was inquiring about it but he couldn't provide a straight answer.

-It's also kind of fishy that they found the maintenance records of my car (back from the previous owner), considering the car was maintained at Honda Cavite?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Baka same owner yung honda pasig at cavite?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    *kablitz

Since your car is already out of warranty, you'd be better off having it maintained by a reputable auto shop. If you don't have any suki, try speedyfix, I was a one time customer there and these guys really know their stuff. They are not pricey as casa, but they are also not cheap.

If you insist on casa, I think the 2 you, mentioned would be ok, SPA has many good reviews here while Marcos Hiway is new so I assume service will be better than the others.

If you have time, try to read the beware of honda "branch" threads here for more info

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kablitz View Post

-The SA told me we should replace the power steering and transmission but also said that di pa naman daw talaga sira. I was inquiring about it but he couldn't provide a straight answer.
    The 2009 City already has the electronic power steering and does away with PS fluid, pump, and hydraulic hoses. If it does break down, it is much like other electronic equipment which malfunctions.

The tranny only needs to be replaced if it is slipping between gear changes or will not engage to Drive, Reverse, or Sport Mode (the City 1.5E has paddle shifters). You can try to overhaul the tranny first before changing it. First thing to do is check the ATF for any tell-tale signs (burnt smell) and check the tranny for any leaks. Replace ATF fluid every 40k km. Only use Honda ATF to spare yourself the trouble of using non-Honda ATF and suffer a broken tranny. Honda cars are a bit selective on fluids. A standard ATF change will require 3 liters but if you want the whole ATF system fluid be changed (thru a dialysis machine), you need about 9 liters.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 22nd, 2014 at 01:21 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Based on my experience with Honda casas, they are not that good in analyzing suspension issues. I'd rather go to a trusted suspension shop or an auto shop which has a lifter to visibly check each of the suspension parts.
    Last edited by Egan101; April 22nd, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Aside from Honda SPA, i highly recommend Honda Greenhills. Same group as Honda SPA and look for Sir Joseph (Service/Parts Manager). Very accommodating and the setup is pretty similar to SPA but this time you can see your car being serviced through their BIG glass windows while you are sitting on the sofa watching TV and having free drinks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Honda marcos highway OK... yung ibang tao ng Honda SPA ay dun nalipat. Specially si sir abet. Ang service manager..

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiko08 View Post
    Hi. Tanong ko lang kung alin ang pwede ko irefuse dito sa 1st PMS ko. 2019 honda jazz, nung january ko nakuha. Wala pa 5,000 ang natatakbo.

LABOUR CUSTOMER 1,106.00
    2PX OIL FILTER 454.83
    Drain Plug Washer 30.25
    SN 0W20 UNI 6X4L 2,763.40
    PM KIT 325.00
    CS KIT
    MISC 338.00
    GREASE,PAD(MOLYKOTE M77) 86.44
    GREASE,PIN (NIGLUBE RM) 41.78
    ENGINE TREATMENT 995.00
    Perform [ ] Replace Engine Oil Filter
    Perform [ ] Check Suspension mounting bolts
    Perform [ ] Check Front/Rear brakes
    Perform [ ] Check Air Cleaner element
    Perform [ ] Rotate tires (condition,wear,press)
    Wag na yung engine treatment.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123