New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    I think its just camera angle more than anything else...
    i agree...it's like two curve lines on top of each other...the one on top will always be longer

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    i agree, it's just optical illusion and primarily because of two factors:

first the use of wide-angle lens- this makes objects closer to the camera bigger

and second - the effect made by the first factor is made more pronounced by the different angles by which the two cars are presented (as pointed out in the previous post) the car at foreground is at 3/4 position while the one at the background is almost at profile position.

imho, the tires don't have much effect - if you crop out the tires, the illusion that one is "fatter" than the other would still be there

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by suysuy View Post

optical illusion bro. gawa ito ng angle and distance from the camera nung mga objects. iyan ay if not retokado(computer assisted) ito.

ito lang: compare mo ang size ng back lights o di kaya the size ng plaka or the conduction sticker (measure it diagonally). in actuality, those are equal in size but what it showed in this picture eh it differ by more than 20% sila.
    Last edited by dbuzz; July 15th, 2008 at 10:32 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2007
    yup illusion lang kasi magkaiba ng angles. yung city sa foreground is favored more on the back kaya parang malapad at mataba compared on the other na favored more on its side.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by eyshmechanic View Post
    yup illusion lang kasi magkaiba ng angles. yung city sa foreground is favored more on the back kaya parang amlapad at mataba compared on the other na favored more on its side.
    surely ito ang tumpak na dahilan kung bakit it appeared na mataba.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Bakit Parang Mataba City Ko? Hehe