New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by geez View Post
    hi,
    resurrecting this thread. kasi i have the exact same problem w/ my FD civic wherein hindi kumakagat into gear from P. i also notice that the brake light doesn't work when depressed. if i have this serviced, malaking problem ba ito? i mean kaya bang gawin in one day? kasi i plan to use this sa holy week to travel.
    thanks, guys.
    Probable cause: Faulty brake pedal switch.

Check my recent post above.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Probable cause: Faulty brake pedal switch.

Check my recent post above.

Good point sir.

*geez, try having the brake switch checked. Di mo ba malipat from 'P' yung shifter?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *airolynx-nung ondoy, hindi naman umabot sa shift lever although i think naabutan yung sa mga pedals. baka nga nabasa rin ang electronics connecting the brake pedals kaya nagstuck na ngayon. i can only shift from P to gear pag i-release ko yung lever from the small slot kaya hassle talaga..

*oj88-just like what u posted earlier, i've checked na wala ngang ilaw ang brake lights which means faulty nga ang switch. is this a major problem ba or a minor one(which i hope)? malaki ba magagastos ko dito?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *airolynx-nung ondoy, hindi naman umabot sa shift lever although i think naabutan yung sa mga pedals. baka nga nabasa rin ang electronics connecting the brake pedals kaya nagstuck na ngayon. i can only shift from P to gear pag i-release ko yung lever from the small slot kaya hassle talaga..

*oj88-just like what u posted earlier, i've checked na wala ngang ilaw ang brake lights which means faulty nga ang switch. is this a major problem ba or a minor one(which i hope)? malaki ba magagastos ko dito?
    For older cars, the surplus original brake switch should cost you between 250-500 pesos. But being a 2007 FD model, hmmm I am curious as to how much it will cost in the casa. let's look at the worst case scenario and let's say it will cost 3-4x than the surplus price. Hassle nga yun sir to have to insert the key in that little slot everytime.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *oj88, tumpak na tumpak ang diagnosis nyo! its was the brake light switch that is defective. having it done right now at the casa and it should be done w/in the day. will update how much it will cost. hopefully not that big=)

thanks for all the help!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *oj88, tumpak na tumpak ang diagnosis nyo! its was the brake light switch that is defective. having it done right now at the casa and it should be done w/in the day. will update how much it will cost. hopefully not that big=)

thanks for all the help!
    Good to hear that sir! sana maayos na ride nyo. Keep us posted magkano inabot. I'm sure the civic and the city share the same brake light switch. Can someone confirm that?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    had mine fixed already and it cost me P797. around 450++ for the brake light switch and 300++ for labor.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    sanba luc mo baka ma2lungan kita plz call 09281904001 or 09212474805 tnx

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    had mine fixed already and it cost me P797. around 450++ for the brake light switch and 300++ for labor.
    heheeh good to hear sir na hindi mahal nagastos ninyo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Auto transmission problem