New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Balak ko sana maggpalit ayoko na i asa sa casa. Anu quantity/concentration gamit nyo using coolant na nabibili sa mall. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Shell's Coolguard OAT coolant works well naman. Just make sure you flush out ALL your old coolant before you use this.

Honda's coolant is also convenient because you no longer need to do any mixing - you just put it into the reservoir and radiator.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    So punta lang ako sa Shell to buy coolant. Sila na bahala magflush?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryant View Post
    So punta lang ako sa Shell to buy coolant. Sila na bahala magflush?
    If they offer the service, ask them.

Alternatively you can just have your trusted mechanic to do the flushing.

You won't believe how dark and dirty old coolant can get - you'll want to flush it out every so often. Refer to your owner's manual for the interval.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    How many/much do i need to buy?
    No mixing needed with Shell's Coolguard OAT coolant? Sabi kasi sa trunk sticker ko: 65/35 Honda coolant and water.

Thanks type100

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryant View Post
    How many/much do i need to buy?
    No mixing needed with Shell's Coolguard OAT coolant? Sabi kasi sa trunk sticker ko: 65/35 Honda coolant and water.

Thanks type100
    Coolguard OAT still needs a bit of mixing. Alam ko 50:50 yan.

Regarding Honda coolant, they sell bottles which are pre-mixed already. On my Jazz the owner's manual states it'll take this pre-mixed variety. Does the trunk sticker indicate a certain type of Honda coolant? Try consulting your owner's manual to be sure.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    prestone premixed coolant at honda oem premixed coolants gamit ko at one time or another. huwag mo lang sila ipagsabay gamitin sa ek ko. hindi advisable according to people i've talked to.

Ano gamit nyo coolant for your Civic 6th gen