New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by SiRvtec View Post
    damn paps! yakang yaka mo yun. you won't break a sweat defeating a corolla,even a stock of your engine and a stock silver top engine or also known a 4age engine of toyota. you can smoke that in a drag race. don't you look at your engine?? how big it is?? hehe
    hmmm. on paper even the silvertop has better torque than the B16a.

really depends on the setup of the (usually widebody) corolla. AFAIK, it's quite pointless to put in the 4A-GE without the proper IHE modifications as well.

Hmmm. correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the Honda B engines aluminum block? Cast iron yung Toyota A series e

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryant View Post
    Nakakatuwa naman, I never thought that i have that powerful car. I'd like to give it a try. I never dont dare to rev so much bec i fear i might break it.

doble ingat lang with your powerful engine..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    ibang pumitik ang vtec

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    another thing. the engine sounds angrier pag nagshift na yung cam profile

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Kakachange oil ko nga lang sa shell, me nakatabi ako ng lovelife, i looked at his engine versus mine. halos kalahati lang ng sa kin, tapos ito ung tumatalo sa kin sa highway. Siguro di pa lang ako sanay na driver. Ung mga 4x4s payag pa akong maunahan ako pero mga maliit cars, nakakahiya SIR emblem ko sa likod kung slower ako sa kanila

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Kakachange oil ko nga lang sa shell, me nakatabi ako ng lovelife, i looked at his engine versus mine. halos kalahati lang ng sa kin, tapos ito ung tumatalo sa kin sa highway. Siguro di pa lang ako sanay na driver. Ung mga 4x4s payag pa akong maunahan ako pero mga maliit cars, nakakahiya SIR emblem ko sa likod kung slower ako sa kanila
    sir, don't be ashamed. mas mabuti na ang maingat

ika nga. Live Fast, Die Hard.

pero mag "italian tune up" ka rin minsan. masaya yun. try mo sa sctex

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ang disadvantage lang pag parating naka-activate ang vtec mo ay mag susuffer ang fuel efficiency ng civic mo

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    My d15b civic once raced a silvertop corolla at slex night.
    Bilis niya sa rektahan pero rear-end siya sa traffic (same weakness with a "downpiped" b16a, easily loses low-end torque when losing momentum often seen at stop-go traffic and steeps) ...
    I also witnessed how hard it is for the D15 to go uphill from a standstill.

One driver had to rev high just to climb the Dimasalang overpass. It sucked bad since he had an open exhaust, and sounded like it was struggling to gain momentum. Think "pang-taxi" and you'll get what I'm trying to describe.

Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ang disadvantage lang pag parating naka-activate ang vtec mo ay mag susuffer ang fuel efficiency ng civic mo
    Only the ones who eat dust will suffer. Presumably from asthma.

There's no shame in that. You weren't even trying to race 'em.

On the Lovelife, it's got the same displacement (1.6L) as yours, but it has a much smaller cylinder head so the engine looks smaller compared to the B16 on your car. Believe me, your car is much quicker than cars of the same category, even today. So it means you can mess with pretty much every other common fast car on the road.

And your car can't lose to 88% of 4x4s on the open road! So if it's not a Touareg or Cayenne, your car will win. Lawl! But don't push it, you really need to have the balls and instinct to go fast. 'Coz if you don't, you're pretty much an accident waiting to happen.

p.s. floor it, 5,500rpm is the magic mark, and shift at 8,200 to further kick in, 'yo!

Last edited by roberto_minosa; December 25th, 2009 at 11:45 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    You are right sir minosa, one common fear i have when driving fast is a curve. I would really slow down even hit the breaks even on a low angle curve beacause i'm not sure if i can handle/control curves when driving fast. Still the enthusiasm to learn how to drive fast is relatively high.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    You are right sir minosa, one common fear i have when driving fast is a curve. I would really slow down even hit the breaks even on a low angle curve beacause i'm not sure if i can handle/control curves when driving fast. Still the enthusiasm to learn how to drive fast is relatively high.
    Take small steps, and you'll eventually master your car. If you regularly pass through the NLEX, you can try to cruise through the banked curves slowly (about 100km/h) at first. If the curves are clear enough, add another 20km/h to your cruising speed the next time you go through the curve. And another...and another...as long as all 4 tires continue to grip the pavement and body roll is within safe boundaries. I'm pretty sure your car can handle the curves at 160km/h or more...'coz I was able to run through it at 150km/h once with our "wagon".

Most cars that give me a chase slow down right before these curves. I regularly cruise through here at just 120km/h, but gives me at least a 300m headstart advantage if the guy chasing me slows down to a crawl. Most folks can't even make 100km/h through here.

CONFIDENCE IS KEY!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Ano advatage ng vtec zone?