New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    need ur advice... because i want to buy a second hand car, a honda city vtec 1.5 2005 model a/t.... and he selling his car for 360k...with 45k km

my questions are?

is fuel consumption ok guys? is it efficient?

u did not experience any problem for passed 5 years about ur car guys?

do u think the price is good?

what are the things i need to check in the car before buying this car guys??

please help me...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Transmission supports. The CVT on these cars tends to eat transmission supports. You can check by removing the battery and its mounting pan. The tranny support is right below it.

Check if the CVT fluid has been replaced religiously - this is a must.

Otherwise the car shouldn't have a lot of problems.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    bought a City 2006 1.5 last year (Sept 09) and i think these cars are pretty much the same..

- ODO reading is ok na at 45Tkm. i got ming at ~40Tkm.
    - Fuel consumption of my 1.5 VTEC is around 10.4km/L on Petron XCS. You should get pretty much the same consumption. Driving style ko? I don't usually get above 2000rpm pag city driving. hataw lang ako sa SLEX.
    - ang sirain daw sa city is yung front lower arm suspension pero this would only cost you below Php10k. replaced mine na kasi.
    - I think 360k is fairly reasonable price. Got mine 440k
    - check interior: condition of seats and dashboard itself, lahat ng pwede pindutin sa dashboard kung gumagana, lahat ng ilaw
    - check engine: better bring it to a mechanic para if may kailangang repairs, baka pwede pa ibawas sa selling price. also check for the condition ng aircon and if there are squeaking sounds while driving
    - tanong mo sa owner yung history nung car, then kung kelan last napalitan yung atf, oil, steering fluid, tires, brake pads.

most of these were the ones i missed nung binili ko yung car ko. hope this helps!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksee View Post
    - ang sirain daw sa city is yung front lower arm suspension pero this would only cost you below Php10k. replaced mine na kasi.
    Technically it's the rubber bushing that becomes brittle and cracked, not the entire front lower arm (it's made of steel). I had the same problem. Honda doesn't make just the bushing(s), so sadly we had no choice but to replace the entire lower arm. Mine cost about PhP3500.

By the way the GD Jazz and City (2001-2008) are mechanical twins so most maladies are shared between these cars...hence my contribution. My car is a 2005 Jazz 1.3S.
    Last edited by Type 100; April 15th, 2010 at 03:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by darkangel08 View Post
    need ur advice... because i want to buy a second hand car, a honda city vtec 1.5 2005 model a/t.... and he selling his car for 360k...with 45k km

my questions are?

is fuel consumption ok guys? is it efficient?

u did not experience any problem for passed 5 years about ur car guys?

do u think the price is good?

what are the things i need to check in the car before buying this car guys??

please help me...
    I have the same car. My parents use it nowadays. Rather easy to drive. Pwede na price kung;

1. Alaga. Fluids religiously changed. CVT changed preferably ONCE a year. Once every two years is the recommended by the casa.

Mine even smells new.

2. All tires are close to new (90% thread). Kung used na ask ka pa discount.

3. VTEC naman yan mas less trouble kesa manual at iDSi.

4. Do check the brake pads. Lahat wheels niyan naka disc brake so pa check mo na lang.

5. Hindi yan na-Ondoy. Check mo suspension at bushings.

Mine still runs well. Yun nga lang an elderly couple now uses it.

to all owner of Honda City 2005 a/t vtec