New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 423 of 433 FirstFirst ... 323373413419420421422423424425426427 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4328
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I'm always wary of repo cars. There is always the possibility that the former owner, knowing that the car is about to repossessed, was frustrated, angry or bitter and trashed the car, neglected it, or drove it hard, before surrendering it. It can take months before the owner surrenders it... A lot can happen during that time.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    I'm always wary of repo cars. There is always the possibility that the former owner, knowing that the car is about to repossessed, was frustrated, angry or bitter and trashed the car, neglected it, or drove it hard, before surrendering it. It can take months before the owner surrenders it... A lot can happen during that time.
    Agree, as with any used car, you size up the owner more than the vehicle

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Agree, as with any used car, you size up the owner more than the vehicle
    alas, that is one issue with cars being sold by a used car dealer or bank..
    one does not know anything about previous user's habits.

two reasons why i prefer buying from the actual owner,
    1. one can size up the previous owner, and
    2. actual owner-sellers may be more amenable to price cuts.

happy buying.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 9th, 2022 at 09:18 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Swertehan lang sa repo cars.

Years back we got a Mazda 2 R from a repo lot. Under warranty pa and we got to avail the last free PMS from Yojin3.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    Swertehan lang sa repo cars.

Years back we got a Mazda 2 R from a repo lot. Under warranty pa and we got to avail the last free PMS from Yojin3.
    Same here.. got a kia picanto naman.. complete with manuals and still under warranty.. no issues in the 5 year use.. gas and go.. and usual change oil..

Pero syempre.. inspect mo pa din.. kahit owner seller minsan may tinatago

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    however one spins it, a repo car is just a used car, fraught with all the caveats and emptors associated with used cars.
    bringing in your expert to evaluate the car is permitted, naman.
    but driving the car around the lot or even starting it... that might be a problem. it might not be allowed. also, some of these repo cars in the lot might already have their batteries flat, what with storage time...
    someone suggested that one might befriend the yard's katiwala, for tips.
    Starting the car is allowed naman.. as long as may charge yung batt.. or kung may dala ka jumper cable.. pwede ka din dala obd to check for errors.. minsan kasi check engine light is off pero pag scan mo may stored error code

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Have had good luck w/ repos & used cars. 1st I'd do is thorough maintenance check & a fresh service history cycle.
    A capable OBD scan tool, paint gauge come in handy beyond ocular & noise checks.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The ASX we got from the repo lot. When my wife opted for a company car, her only option was a Toyota or a Lexus. Lexus is not for managers though. She didn’t want an Altis but the bank said we can get anything on the repo lot.

We were already decided on a used Mazda2 but it was sold as we were processing the company car allocation. The ASX was just new to the repo lot and it was only used for less than 18 months. We grabbed it instead. No issues whatsoever at all. The service booklet was even updated and Mitsubishi Quezon Avenue handed us the new plates a few months later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; April 9th, 2022 at 10:51 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by carwhacko View Post
    Hi everyone, just want to ask kung good buy pa rin ba ang Honda Civic na 10th gen lets say after 2 years? I already sold my Ford Ranger and I want to replace it with Honda Civic kasi ayoko na ng tagtag, nakakapagod na rin mag detail ng malaking sasakyan and also may Fortuner pa naman to use.

gehlay,

buti naman binenta mo desel na mabantot. At tataka ako sa mga peenoise ang hilig sa TIIS-GANDA. Pilit magdrive ng monstero, fortu, pickup eh pangit pakiramdam ngarag walang kaswabe-swabe. Maganda tingnan sa labas pero sabi ko nga TIIS-GANDA. . Buti natauhan ka na.

Yung choice mo civic masyado mahaba tingnan sayo at pangit rearlights mukhang easyopen spam ang lakas maka tito-tatay look sa likod.

Maghatchback ka or suv gas.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    gehlay,

buti naman binenta mo desel na mabantot. At tataka ako sa mga peenoise ang hilig sa TIIS-GANDA. Pilit magdrive ng monstero, fortu, pickup eh pangit pakiramdam ngarag walang kaswabe-swabe. Maganda tingnan sa labas pero sabi ko nga TIIS-GANDA. . Buti natauhan ka na.

Yung choice mo civic masyado mahaba tingnan sayo at pangit rearlights mukhang easyopen spam ang lakas maka tito-tatay look sa likod.

Maghatchback ka or suv gas.
    Hahaha napagod na lang talaga ako sa pick up siguro tapos yung isang car naman is Fortuner pa so parang di na praktikal to keep.

Ano naman masuggest mo na hatch? I was also planning Jimny pero we will see.