New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 419 of 433 FirstFirst ... 319369409415416417418419420421422423429 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,190 of 4329
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Brought the cars out for a mountain drive this weekend. I’m happy with how the Civic can keep up with the IS in Tanay’s twisty roads.

What it lacks in straight-line speed, it makes up with very good handling in the corners. The Civic also has better tires than the IS (Michelin PS4 vs Dunlop Direzza DZ102), and you can’t go flat out on public roads in the interest of safety anyway.

My learning - any good-handling car with at least 100 hp/ton in the hands of a decent driver can keep up with much more powerful cars on any Philippine road except SCTEX/TPLEX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    thanks for sharing your insights. very nice to hear these kind of stories.

with the abundance of traffic especially the two wheeled kind it is hard to find the space and time in tanay. last time i drove tanay-burgring was back around 2007-08. on an early sunday the rare smattering of traffic lessening even more as you go up. local residents were mostly still inside their houses. i still had my 2.0 civic fd AT back then but on dunlop lemans 702s. so understeer galore. it gave lots of noise before breaking grip and broke away gently but decidedly a low grip limit. a complaint i had was with the paddle shifters. it had the slightest delay. not much mind you but you felt it.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    thanks for sharing your insights. very nice to hear these kind of stories.

with the abundance of traffic especially the two wheeled kind it is hard to find the space and time in tanay. last time i drove tanay-burgring was back around 2007-08. on an early sunday the rare smattering of traffic lessening even more as you go up. local residents were mostly still inside their houses. i still had my 2.0 civic fd AT back then but on dunlop lemans 702s. so understeer galore. it gave lots of noise before breaking grip and broke away gently but decidedly a low grip limit. a complaint i had was with the paddle shifters. it had the slightest delay. not much mind you but you felt it.
    Tanay today is far more crowded than it used to be. Even without the usual kamote rider clubs, just the sheer amount of residents and regular passers-by make it unsafe to take corners quickly.

I feel more comfortable pushing my car’s limits at the track, though it’s more punishing for the car.

There are also a lot of roads up north that are fun for stretching your car’s legs, Kennon and Vizcaya-Baguio are my favorites. Also the short stretch from Kaybiang to Punta Fuego in the south.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Tanay today is far more crowded than it used to be. Even without the usual kamote rider clubs, just the sheer amount of residents and regular passers-by make it unsafe to take corners quickly.

I feel more comfortable pushing my car’s limits at the track, though it’s more punishing for the car.

There are also a lot of roads up north that are fun for stretching your car’s legs, Kennon and Vizcaya-Baguio are my favorites. Also the short stretch from Kaybiang to Punta Fuego in the south.

would like to try the vizcaya-baguio and kaybiang-punta fuego you mention but the latter might be congested also by the mobile root crop variety na din?

just this last dec. drove halsema highway from baguio city to atok benguet in pre dawn. far from being ideal it was dark plently of blind corners and some areas littered with gravel. also you get stuck behind the occasional slow moving vehicle i averaged only about 40km/hr but felt every corner of that. some of the locals there drive at speeds that make my head spin.
    Last edited by babkalakal; January 12th, 2022 at 05:10 PM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by babkalakal View Post
    would like to try the vizcaya-baguio and kaybiang-punta fuego you mention but the latter might be congested also by the mobile root crop variety na din?

just this last dec. drove halsema highway from baguio city to atok benguet in pre dawn. far from being ideal it was dark plently of blind corners and some areas littered with gravel. also you get stuck behind the occasional slow moving vehicle i averaged only about 40km/hr but felt every corner of that. some of the locals there drive at speeds that make my head spin.
    No motorcycles in Vizcaya-Baguio since I don’t think underbones would feel comfortable driving that long of a distance on non-stop winding roads. In Nasugbu medyo marami, so best to go when traffic is light.

Halsema highway is a good drive as well, but you’re right, it’s easy to get stuck behind a slow moving vehicle like a truck full of vegetables. At night naman, it gets really foggy so even if the roads are clear, not safe to go too fast. But the views are super duper nice.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2016

Ito yung gusto ko ring matry na ikutin eh. Balak na sana namin to nung January 2020 for our wedding anniv eh kaso nagcovid naman. Pag maluwag-luwag na sa requirements aakyatin namin to tapos direcho Sagada.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Who took these photos by the way?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Who took these photos by the way?
    I took this photo, brother was driving.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017

My learning - any good-handling car with at least 100 hp/ton in the hands of a decent driver can keep up with much more powerful cars on any Philippine road except SCTEX/TPLEX.
    There's the 100kph speed limit at SCTEX/TPLEX (practically all public roads in PH). That huge hp is only valid at the racetrack (unless of course the driver wants to get a speed violation ticket or put other motorists at risk of an accident).

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    There's the 100kph speed limit at SCTEX/TPLEX (practically all public roads in PH). That huge hp is only valid at the racetrack (unless of course the driver wants to get a speed violation ticket or put other motorists at risk of an accident).
    There are parts of SCTEX and TPLEX that have Zero traffic enforcement. You can go as fast as you can. In areas with speed enforcement, NLEX/SCTEX/TPLEX will not apprehend those driving within 120kmh.

Sa Skyway Stage 3 at NAIAX yung strict ang enforcement ng 60kmh. They allow up to 70kmh but anything faster you will be surely given a speeding ticket.

Nasa sa iyo na yan kung gusto mo bumilis. On open roads with no speed enforcement, why not give it a go and check how fast you can you go?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I took this photo, brother was driving.

i am curious,
    cellphone camera, or "real camera" ?