New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 353 of 433 FirstFirst ... 253303343349350351352353354355356357363403 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,530 of 4328
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Although our 1.8E is now technically the mid variant, pre-facelift models will still have a largely similar exterior with the base 1.8S, what with the facelifted E's chrome door handles, upgraded wheels, and auto leveling headlamps.

As per the Honda PH website:
    - new 16-inch Shark Gray Metallic Alloy Wheels for the 1.8 E CVT
    - the Civic 1.8 S CVT sports 16-inch Two Tone Alloy Wheels

However, the 70k savings translates to the following differences between the base and mid variants:
    - halogen headlamps
    - no push start engine
    - no smart key with remote start
    - no cruise control
    - LCD instrument cluster
    - no 60/40 rear seats with armrest
    - no CarPlay & Android Auto
    - 4 speakers (w/o tweeters)
    - 1 USB port

As for the colors, Modern Steel Metallic is still exclusive to the 1.8E, and the whole lineup loses the Midnight Burgundy Pearl option.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Next on the interior upgrade list - leather shift knob. ☺
    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    magkano daw bro?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    It's thin ... and it's an alternative to those using the thick steering wheel covers ... and it's just 300 pesos ...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    It's thin ... and it's an alternative to those using the thick steering wheel covers ... and it's just 300 pesos ...
    Anything you put on top of the existing urethane rim makes it thicker. That's why instead of having my stock urethane wheel wrapped with leather on top, I looked for a stock RS wheel that has a thinner rim with leather wrapped on top, then just had the leather re-wrapped. Even among those who wrap leather steering wheels, quality is hit or miss based on what I've seen in pictures - usually people screw up the stitching. Which is why I believe in spending a little more and having it done by professionals who've been doing it for decades.

Like I said, other people are not as meticulous with their mods, but I prefer subtle OEM-quality upgrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    magkano daw bro?
    1.9k from Honda QAve bro. Napakabit ko na, actual pictures yan.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    kaya pala pulido, akala ko seatmate All New 2016 CivicAll New 2016 CivicAll New 2016 Civic

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_ View Post
    Although our 1.8E is now technically the mid variant, pre-facelift models will still have a largely similar exterior with the base 1.8S, what with the facelifted E's chrome door handles, upgraded wheels, and auto leveling headlamps.

However, the 70k savings translates to the following differences between the base and mid variants:
    - halogen headlamps
    - no push start engine
    - no cruise control
    - LCD instrument cluster
    - 1 USB port

As for the colors, Modern Steel Metallic is still exclusive to the 1.8E, and the whole lineup loses the Midnight Burgundy Pearl option.
    Well, we don't have auto-levelling at all. I don't know why they keep on marketing that.

The 1.8S gets the previous 1.8E rims and the facelfited 1.8E gets the ugly shark grey alloys.

I doubt the 1.8S will sell well (if manual lang siguro).

And yeah, White Orchid Pearl and Midnight Burgundy Pearl is no more.

Modern Steel Metallic is now available as well for the RS

These are 17s, but we get the 16s version which is uglier.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006

- halogen headlamps
    - no push start engine
    - no cruise control
    - LCD instrument cluster
    - 1 USB port

Great summary - this is basically the equivalent of the CRV 1.6V in the Civic line-up.

If the CRV is any indication, the mid-range 1.6S outsells the base 1.6V so the 1.8E might still outsell the 1.8S. Difference this time though is that this is a cheaper car so there might be more entry level buyers, and then there's the niche of people who modify their cars heavily out of the dealership so they wouldn't care much for the stock kit.

The 1.8S still has the Civic's balanced driving dynamics, ride comfort, NVH, space, and performance. That said, if I were a Civic buyer today, I'd still get the 1.8E since you can't get stuff like push-start ignition and LCD gauges as easy aftermarket upgrades.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Like I said also ... it's a better alternative than those thick steering wheel covers ... and not everyone is willing to change their steering wheels ...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007

- halogen headlamps
    - no push start engine
    - no cruise control
    - LCD instrument cluster
    - 1 USB port

For regular daily driving, the practical features I'd miss most are the LED headlamps, smart key system (auto unlock, walk away locking feature) and the CarPlay/Android Auto capable head unit that goes hand in hand with the Driver Information Interface. Having said that, the rest are still features that I find very useful from time to time (i.e cruise control, rear armrest, additional USB port). The only feature on the list that I haven't actually used is the 60/40 fold down rear seats.

For most people, almost everything on the list has tangible benefits across a variety of use cases so a prospective buyer shouldn't skimp on the P70k difference. Most of them are also way more expensive, if not impossible, to retrofit.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    The nice thing about the halogen headlamps of the 1.8S is that you can easily have it retrofitted with HID projectors which are stronger than the factory LEDs.