New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 342 of 433 FirstFirst ... 242292332338339340341342343344345346352392 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 4328
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by isthistaken View Post
    Is it worth it to load 97 octane fuel or walang difference? IÂ’ve read somewhere na if itÂ’s all stock, you donÂ’t need higher octane fuels. Is this true? I tend to press the gas very lightly and just coast around 1.5 to 2k rpm. Thanks for the informative response sir.

Btw, I tend to leave the ECON mode turned on para lang masanay pero when it comes to fuel efficiency, mas tipid pa when itÂ’s off (15km/l) compare to when itÂ’s on (11km/l). IÂ’m so confused on whether I should use it in city or highway driving All New 2016 Civic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The cheapest fuel that does not cause your engine to knock will perform the same as the most expensive one. The manual recommends 91 octane so I always load up with at least 93 or 95 and so far wala naman knocking. Octane is not a measure of a fuel's potential chemical energy but is rather a measure of a fuel's resistance to spontaneously detonate under high heat and pressure. Basta walang premature combustion (meaning the fuel only ignites when the spark plug fires), walang problema.

With respect to the ECON mode, I did not notice any change (whether positive or negative) in mileage with ECON mode ON during the first few months of ownership so now I just leave it at OFF. Besides, I refuse to put up with the anemic engine response with it turned ON.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    7 km/L on 10 kph MID average? I only get 7 km/L if my MID average speed is 14 kph and up. 10 km/L is around 6 km/L and this linearly increases to 7.5 km/L at 15 kph so about 0.3 km/L every 1 kph average speed improvement.

My overall city driving average FC is 8.3 km/L at 17 kph average speed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    There's no single absolute economy figure for each average speed reading. The range of values is even wider on CVTs and is influenced by driving habits and road conditions. This shot was taken just this morning. I can repeat this result as many times as you want.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Apologies if it’s vague. To elaborate, during start-stop traffic I feel like there’s a delay before the brake hold kicks in hence, the “kadyot” analogy. What I understand is it should activate during a complete stop. But since the situation requires a quick stop and go, either it’s just catching up or it’s kicking in too soon. I’m worried that I’m doing something wrong.

Ah, tama yung replies. Wala siyang delay actually, but the vehicle should be 100% stopped before it holds for you.

It's not automatically braking for you anyway.

Masasanay ka din sa timing on when you can let go of the brake pedal. And as soon as (A) indicator turns on sa dash, you can immediately remove your foot hehe.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof View Post
    There's no single absolute economy figure for each average speed reading. The range of values is even wider on CVTs and is influenced by driving habits and road conditions. This shot was taken just this morning. I can repeat this result as many times as you want.
    Was just asking if the 10 kph you quoted was MID since I frequently see posts wherein people arbitrarily quote average speeds that aren't based on MID readings. 7 km/L at a 10 kph average is great FC - is that the same reading you get after a full tank? I noticed the figure is based on just 6.6 km of trip, curious if it's still the same number after consuming an entire full tank.

My past few full tanks under heavy traffic have had lower FC even with higher average speed since my work-home trip is just 5 km with a lot of gridlocks (usually takes at least half an hour to exit BGC during rush hour):

6.0 km/L * 11 kph, 7.1 km/L * 14 kph, 6.0 km/L * 11 kph, 6.0 km/L * 11 kph, 6.8 km/L * 13 kph, 6.9 km/L * 14 kph, 5.0 km/L * 9 kph.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Is it worth it to load 97 octane fuel or walang difference? I’ve read somewhere na if it’s all stock, you don’t need higher octane fuels. Is this true? I tend to press the gas very lightly and just coast around 1.5 to 2k rpm. Thanks for the informative response sir.

Btw, I tend to leave the ECON mode turned on para lang masanay pero when it comes to fuel efficiency, mas tipid pa when it’s off (15km/l) compare to when it’s on (11km/l). I’m so confused on whether I should use it in city or highway driving All New 2016 Civic

Based on personal experience, I get better fuel mileage with the ECON mode turned OFF. also better, smoother response overall.

About the octane levels, I get better mileage and reaction time from the engine using 97 and up-rated ones, regardless of brands. Same results with my older vehicles, the civic RS and a newly-acquired City. Though you can live with 91 octane, I don't enjoy it as much, slow or fast driving.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by AC_23 View Post
    During my first year of my civic with me, I turned the ECON on and my fuel consumption is just around 5-6 km/L. This is mostly on heavy metro manila traffic during rush hour, daily driven. then come second year, I turned it off. same routine daily. same fuel (i.e., XCS). Surprisingly, my fuel consumption went to 6.5-7.5 km/l. so I guess, it is better to turn it off. well, not sure if I just push the gas pedal lightly.All New 2016 Civic now, I switched to Unioil’s 95 octane (due also to S&R’s php5 discount. haha!). I’ll observe in the next few months if there would be improvements. I am planning also to try their 97 octane soon.

You will enjoy the 97 octane from unioil, been using it for more than 2 years now. It's almost like night and day, especially with spirited driving. Tried the same octane from other brands but unioil's good balance of price to performance is undeniable.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by ironman06 View Post
    After months of searching, researching, reading and test-driving different vehicles, finally settled with the Honda Civic 1.8E, largely thanks to the reviews here in Tsikot! Got it last Friday, pero wala pa OR/CR kaya garage queen muna hehe.

Question lang. I read the manual and it says that our Civic has a built-in alarm system. Is there any way you can check this? The manual says that this is activated when someone tries to open a door without the key fob. I tried this, pero naturally locked ang doors, so di ko maconfirm. Although when the doors lock/unlock, may BEEP and flashing lights. Anyone have any info on this?
    It has an immobilizer which only activates if any of the doors, hood or trunk is forcibly opened BUT it is NOT a complete security system. It will NOT set off if your car gets any sort of vibration (like regular alarms) as long as the doors, windows, trunk and hood are closed. You can test this by engaging the alarm and kicking any of the wheels or hitting the windows or body panels and such.. You have to UPGRADE the immobilizer set without changing/removing the stock immobilizer set.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Unioil 97 din ako, hassle lang ubos lagi sa Guadalupe.

P5 discount with S&R card is really great.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by blooperoo View Post
    Nice!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Was just asking if the 10 kph you quoted was MID since I frequently see posts wherein people arbitrarily quote average speeds that aren't based on MID readings. 7 km/L at a 10 kph average is great FC - is that the same reading you get after a full tank? I noticed the figure is based on just 6.6 km of trip, curious if it's still the same number after consuming an entire full tank.

My past few full tanks under heavy traffic have had lower FC even with higher average speed since my work-home trip is just 5 km with a lot of gridlocks (usually takes at least half an hour to exit BGC during rush hour):

6.0 km/L * 11 kph, 7.1 km/L * 14 kph, 6.0 km/L * 11 kph, 6.0 km/L * 11 kph, 6.8 km/L * 13 kph, 6.9 km/L * 14 kph, 5.0 km/L * 9 kph.

I get very different readouts for each full tank as I don't have a regular home-office-home routine like most people here. I move around Metro Manila and the surrounding areas a lot so mixed full tank readouts are meaningless.

In my previous post, I deliberately reset Trip B (right after an engine restart to also reset the Current Drive's Average Fuel Economy) to record yesterday's Sta. Mesa to Makati trip. This is to isolate the time, distance, average speed and FC of that specific trip - which I think is somewhat representative of Metro Manila traffic.

It will definitely be lower during the morning and evening rush hours or if there was a lot of idling (waiting for someone/something) during the trip.