New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 328 of 433 FirstFirst ... 228278318324325326327328329330331332338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4328
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    But isn’t the 1.5 turbo engine same with the civic rs here?
    Yes but US Civics aren't experiencing the same problem as US CRVs even if they both have 1.5 L15 turbo engines.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes but US Civics aren't experiencing the same problem as US CRVs even if they both have 1.5 L15 turbo engines.

Earth Dreams, US Civics are affected, sir. Been following how Honda responds.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Earth Dreams, US Civics are affected, sir. Been following how Honda responds.

Yup but the incidence on the Civics is much lower than that of the CRV.

Also, identified cause of the fuel/oil mixup is cold temps. Which is definitely not a problem here. All New 2016 Civic

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Yup but the incidence on the Civics is much lower than that of the CRV.

Also, identified cause of the fuel/oil mixup is cold temps. Which is definitely not a problem here. All New 2016 Civic

Initially presumed to be a cold weather issue...yes...til reports from warm states like Arizona, Nevada, Texas started coming in.
    Honda Delays CR-V Engine Fix but Details Rollout Plans - Consumer Reports
    For Earth Dreams owners, please monitor your oil levels. This is an issue Honda should address regardless of region/climate.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Initially presumed to be a cold weather issue...yes...til reports from warm states like Arizona, Nevada, Texas started coming in.
    Honda Delays CR-V Engine Fix but Details Rollout Plans - Consumer Reports
    For Earth Dreams owners, please monitor your oil levels. This is an issue Honda should address regardless of region/climate.

Odd though why there arent any reports locally yet. Although no news is good news.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Odd though why there arent any reports locally yet. Although no news is good news.

Early Kseries had the notorious oil burn issue....so with the LC200. Had to advise friends who had no idea...only to get confirmation. Manufacturers stayed mum, though techs did acknowledge. Those who noted were advised frequent monitoring. Oil burn is easier to manage & less costly to constantly address than dilution.
    TSBs here are normally kept bottled up. I wouldn't consider silence good news always. For those who care, it's better to keep watch. Dilution, like starvation, causes premature wear.
    Our ignorance, their bliss.All New 2016 Civic

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Early Kseries had the notorious oil burn issue....so with the LC200. Had to advise friends who had no idea...only to get confirmation. Manufacturers stayed mum, though techs did acknowledge. Those who noted were advised frequent monitoring. Oil burn is easier to manage & less costly to constantly address than dilution.
    TSBs here are normally kept bottled up. I wouldn't consider silence good news always. For those who care, it's better to keep watch. Dilution, like starvation, causes premature wear.
    Our ignorance, their bliss.All New 2016 Civic

Lagi kasing huli sa balita ang Pinas...

I agree, no news is good news BUT the problem is mayroon ng bad news sa ibang bansa pero walang news sa Pilipinas, which either means that Filipino are not as observant and well researched as Americans with their cars OR manufacturers deliberately try to hide the issues. I think its a little bit of both. But let's give Honda the benefit of the doubt here. Wala pa naman din akong narinig na issue sa 1.5 turbo ng Honda dito sa Pinas

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Lagi kasing huli sa balita ang Pinas...

I agree, no news is good news BUT the problem is mayroon ng bad news sa ibang bansa pero walang news sa Pilipinas, which either means that Filipino are not as observant and well researched as Americans with their cars OR manufacturers deliberately try to hide the issues. I think its a little bit of both. But let's give Honda the benefit of the doubt here. Wala pa naman din akong narinig na issue sa 1.5 turbo ng Honda dito sa Pinas
    Honda just used the 1.5L turbo engine again on the newly released HRV turbo.

Sent from my SM-A600G using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Parang di siya sa gamit bro.

Nasa 53k na mileage (1.5 yrs) na yung Civic with still no steering issues. Yung CRV was only at around 10k mileage (7 months) when the EPS acted up.

And so, when I actually brought the car to the Casa, Honda said what I'm experiencing with the civic is effing "normal". May noise daw Talaga pag full turn. Yung inaayos daw nila ay yung may noise even when making half turn or so. In short, hindi nila aayusin, kase hindi daw nag manifest ng abnormality, normal daw Yun noise na yun. Wtf.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk