New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Hi mga paps..

I would like to know more about Honda Civic (EG).

Ano po ang difference ng EG when they state it's dx, lx, esi? Is it correct that they differ in their specs, like power steering, power window, etc...

How about their engine? d15b? ph16? what's the difference?

I plan to buy one in the near future..

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    honda esi is the top if its class... honda esi is equipped with power windows, power steering, all power na including the control of side mirror. ESI is also fuel injected, ph16 stock engine. honda lx is carb type with power steering. nde pa power window. i am pertaining to sedan type ah. i'm not sure about hatch.

fyi honda EG is from 1992 - 1995... d15b (japanese domestic market) engines is most commonly used as engine swap or engine upgrade for most eg's since it is already comes with vtec and it give more power output at the same time maintaing fuel economy. ph16 means (phil domestic market - 1.6 liters).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    thanks sir..

so when they say on their ads that ESI has a d15b engine, it means that it underwent engine swap already.. and the stock engine for ESI is the ph16.. the one with the engine cover.. "16valve" markings on it.. am I right?

a friend of mine was selling his LX 94 model.. for a price of 195k.. is it way too much, i think.. it has a ferio seats, ROTA mags, MOMO steering wheel, etc.. do you think its worth it?

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Yes the PH16 has the 16 valve inscribed on the engine cover. You will also see PGM-FI somewhere up there.

DX refers to the '92 model. 1.5 li carbureated engine. Think of it like the '93-95 1.5 LX but instead of alloy wheels, it came with steel rims w/ hubcaps.

Your friend's LX is too expensive. I sold my '95 ESi three years with 6x,xxx kms, for only Php 195K. It was all stock (it is more valuable that way).

Maybe you should look at other cars bec. Civics of this age are being sold for way too much (considering that they are old and need to be retired already).

Btw, pls use the search function bec. there are existing threads already that will answer your questions in greater details.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Ang mahal naman sa 195k non..
    Wag mo kunin yun..

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    really? i will do that..

i am really looking for an ESI for my wife to use.. a beginner when it comes to driving.. i think a stock ESI would cost on a range of 120k to 150k.. but its really hard to find one.. most of them cost at around a 170k-200k.. would you agree?

thanks for your reply..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Mga 150-170k honda esi..
    Wag ka magmadali sa pagbili..take your time..
    Dame diyan nagbebenta at magbebenta pa....
    Basta kapag bibili ka na talaga,bring your trusted mechanic para macheck kung okay ang engine at worth ba ang price kasi minsan hindi naman maiwasan na ang mabibiling car ay may minor repair/works to needed kasi 2nd hand ito..

All about EG - dx, lx, esi, engine, specs, etc...