New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    hi! i am new at this forum. I am currently in a learning stage of Accord 2011 model since we have it. i have a quick questions regarding the engine oil. ( im not going to add or replace the engine oil. just want to learn more about our accord)
    - since our honda came from thailand and on the owner's manual the engine oil should be used is 0W-30 and assuming our accord 2011 is factory filled with 0W-30.

my questions are:
    - can i top up the oil with 5W-30? (using honda genuine)
    - what could be the possible problems if i added the 5W-30 to 0W-30?
    - if i added other brand like "mobil-1 0W-30 advanced fuel economy fully synthetic" to our accord which has and i assumed that it was factory filled with 0w-30, would that be okay?
    - do we have sellers of genuine honda engine that meets and matched our cars based on the owner's manual? ( i've read that our local honda dealers doesn't not have all our oils/lubricants etc.) i also read that we don't have the type 2 coolant which is required and factory filled on our honda cars. ( i checked our acoord's coolant and it's blue the type 2)

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by andylim1 View Post
    hi! i am new at this forum. I am currently in a learning stage of Accord 2011 model since we have it. i have a quick questions regarding the engine oil. ( im not going to add or replace the engine oil. just want to learn more about our accord)
    - since our honda came from thailand and on the owner's manual the engine oil should be used is 0W-30 and assuming our accord 2011 is factory filled with 0W-30.

my questions are:
    - can i top up the oil with 5W-30? (using honda genuine)
    - what could be the possible problems if i added the 5W-30 to 0W-30?
    - if i added other brand like "mobil-1 0W-30 advanced fuel economy fully synthetic" to our accord which has and i assumed that it was factory filled with 0w-30, would that be okay?
    - do we have sellers of genuine honda engine that meets and matched our cars based on the owner's manual? ( i've read that our local honda dealers doesn't not have all our oils/lubricants etc.) i also read that we don't have the type 2 coolant which is required and factory filled on our honda cars. ( i checked our acoord's coolant and it's blue the type 2)
    can i top up the oil with 5W-30? (using honda genuine)
    -- Yes, but why would you do that? It's brand new and it will not lose oil yet.

what could be the possible problems if i added the 5W-30 to 0W-30
    -- None, minimal side effect.

if i added other brand like "mobil-1 0W-30 advanced fuel economy fully synthetic" to our accord which has and i assumed that it was factory filled with 0w-30, would that be okay?
    -- That's OK, it will be your money to burn.

for your last Q, I will not worry about that.

accord 2011 model learning stage