New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Took the FB for a proper shakedown on mountain roads. Gearing is good as second gear tops out at 118 kph which is perfect for carving corners at triple digit speeds.

Not sure if it's the steering, suspension, or the tires (Bridgestone Turanza ER33), but it was really hard to gauge the limit of the car. Really felt like I was on a Playstation as I had to keep on looking at the speedometer to check if I could still push harder in a corner or not. With my 11th gen Altis, the chassis was communicative enough to tell me if I had grip or not. The FD was even better as both steering and chassis were very communicative.

It doesn't feel planted but I was suprised it could still take corners quickly. Really takes some getting used to but the FB can still go faster than most compacts whether on the straights or twisties.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Hi Sir. Hingi lang sana ako ng advice from you since you have driven the Civic FB and the 11th gen altis. I am now in a dilemma choosing between 2 used cars - 2015 Honda Civic 1.8E AT FB2 (19k ODO) and 2016 Toyota Altis G AT (12k ODO). They have the same price at 700k. Sulit na ba yan sila sa price na yan? Location is Cebu.

Here are the things I'm looking for a car
    1. FC (mostly driven in a city)
    2. Durability (planning to keep them more than 5 years)
    3. Parts availability
    4. Lower Maintenance Cost

Salamat po

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cancajas View Post
    Hi Sir. Hingi lang sana ako ng advice from you since you have driven the Civic FB and the 11th gen altis. I am now in a dilemma choosing between 2 used cars - 2015 Honda Civic 1.8E AT FB2 (19k ODO) and 2016 Toyota Altis G AT (12k ODO). They have the same price at 700k. Sulit na ba yan sila sa price na yan? Location is Cebu.

Here are the things I'm looking for a car
    1. FC (mostly driven in a city)
    2. Durability (planning to keep them more than 5 years)
    3. Parts availability
    4. Lower Maintenance Cost

Salamat po
    I'd take the Altis G.

FC is roughly the same with a slight advantage for the Altis. Durability is also the same, both cars have no major issues. Parts availability is the same if you buy fron the dealerships. For 3rd party sellers, most likely it's easier to find parts for the Altis because it's more common. Maintenance cost is roughly the same - the Toyota has 5,000 km PMS intervals while the Honda has 10,000 km intervals.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Up ko lang just in case may active members who are owners of the 9th Gen Civic. Im planning to get a 2nd hand 2015 1.8S and would like to get inputs regarding:

- Fuel efficiency
    - Problems encountered
    - Pros and cons
    - Overall experience

Thank you

4. Join Date
    May 2019
    just wanted to update this thread. Proud 2015 Accord Touring here.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ngayon na na-uuso na ang overlanding dito sa pinas, ito panuorin niyo ng how to bathe inside an fb. pwidi!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ngayon na na-uuso na ang overlanding dito sa pinas, ito panuorin niyo ng how to bathe inside an fb. pwidi!

I was half hoping to see the lady strip and take a shower.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ haha

She looks a bit like maddie madayag though.

But it's hard to believe they live in that civic supposedly for months at a time. Tibay din nila at tibay din nung fb.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do

8. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    how is the fc of the 2.0L variant? Am currently eyeing one right ow as my daily.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlancNoir View Post
    how is the fc of the 2.0L variant? Am currently eyeing one right ow as my daily.
    If you’re entertaining a 2.0L gas car as a daily driver, just enjoy it and never compare it with a small car with a small engine.

I use both an ASX and an XT as my daily drivers. One is NA while the other one is turbo. I get 7-8 km/L on the ASX and 6-7 km/L on the XT (Paranaque-BGC route).

I guess it is safe to get 7-8 km/L on a Civic 2.0L in mixed city-highway use, or maybe 6-7 km/L in BGC traffic conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Egan101; March 16th, 2022 at 10:54 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If you’re entertaining a 2.0L gas car as a daily driver, just enjoy it and never compare it with a small car with a small engine.

I use both an ASX and an XT as my daily drivers. One is NA while the other one is turbo. I get 7-8 km/L on the ASX and 6-7 km/L on the XT (Paranaque-BGC route).

I guess it is safe to get 7-8 km/L on a Civic 2.0L in mixed city-highway use, or maybe 6-7 km/L in BGC traffic conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    haha youre right bro, i just wanna know kamusta yung consumption vs FC turbo.

FC turbo ng friend ko 5.5 to 6km/L - almost the same as my current daily driver.

*edit - Same pala as my current daily driver.

FD is out kasi the interior didnt age well imho.

9th Gen Civic Owners