New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hello,

I am taking my time to look for a honda crv first generation, basta in good condition.

This morning, I met someone who is selling a US version, color dark blue.

It has the same features from the local one, except it has cruise control and a sun roof. I noticed it has smoked head lamps. The rear plate number is on top, just above the door handle.

Medyo madumi lang sa loob and may tagas ung top gasket. But, the shifting was smooth and wala naman noticeable shift
    shock and kalampag when I drove it.

It has a W starting plate. Does it mean dto sa Manila ung point of entry nung CRV? And the mileage was only 100+ kms.

What do you think of the US version?

Thanks po for all the help!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ok lang. US = Orig LHD.

Basta in good condition, pwede.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    for me ok ang us version. yung dumi sa loob madali lang yan, ang importante yung condition ng makina. pwede malaman sir kung how much?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    If you are interested to get the vehicle's history, find out where the VIN (Vehicle ID #) is, go to carfax.com, pay a small fee and get the report. If the vehicle is not maintained thru a honda dealer, most probably there will be nothing much you see in the vehicle history report. You might also want to have it checked by your local honda dealer and find out what level of headache it will give you upon ownership.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Let me also add that any USDM originating cars (especially used ones) does not make it any better than a properly serviced and maintained version in your locality.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    if you know the history of the crv whether its local or us version and if it is ok then buy it. madali lang naman ang dumi and palit ng valve cover gasket. its 100+ kms therefore please ensure that the AT tranny is in top shape otherwise malaki gastusan magpaovehaul nyan.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    we had one before and that CRV is with a family friend already... ang alam ko problem niya ngayon is may tagas na yung sunroof, so test that if you can... sakit sa ulo yung sunroof lalo na parating ang rainy season

afaik, wala ren siya center console kaya ang dali lumipat sa likod

i'd like to have that CRV back and maintain it

97 Honda CRV US Model / Version. What can you say?