New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    I got a '96 Honda Civic Lxi (a/t) for my wife. After a few weeks of driving, she complained of squeaking noise coming the front right side of the car and a "tok" sound from the steering wheel everytime she drives over small potholes or uneven roads. I brought the car to Servitek last Saturday and after testdriving, they recommend to replace the ball joints, cv joints and stab links. In addition, they said that steering guide needs to be replaced with a machine-shopped one (cost me P3750) to eliminate the tok sound.

After everything was done, a testdrive was performed - the squeaking sound was gone. To my disappointment, a play on the steering wheel manifested, which was not present before they replaced the steering guide. A quick look at the end of the steering column and the mechanic said that it's the steering coupling and loose bushing in the steering column maybe causing the steering wheel play.

Unfortunately, their part supplier said that the steering coupling will be available after 3 months. According to Servitek, this part may not be available in any Honda casa since they only have the steering assembly.

Any comments and inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    bili kana lang ng buong steering colum sa banawe or evangelista...kung steering colum na buo kailangan mo..may nakuha dati ako 1.5k surplus
    kung buong power steering naman 3k ang kuha ko..

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypee10 View Post
    bili kana lang ng buong steering colum sa banawe or evangelista...kung steering colum na buo kailangan mo..may nakuha dati ako 1.5k surplus
    kung buong power steering naman 3k ang kuha ko..
    Thank you. I'll consider that option.