New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I have a budget of 200k for a second hand car. I am able to see lots of ESi's within my budget but there some Vti's as well and maybe I could stretch my budget a little bit more. What should I buy? what is the significant upgrade of the VTi compared to the ESi? And are both cars fuel efficient? Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if you can stretch your budget a little more, i have no doubt your can get a VTi 97-98. if i was to choose, ill get the 97 rather than the esi. better power and FC is really quite the same. at least vtec pa kung vti and newer model than the esi.

my 2 cents.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Pls also consider the issue of the age of the car. A full 3 yr difference is around 60T kms milage difference (under normal conditions).

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    wow thanks. you guys gave some good points to a noob But will a city 98 LXi work for me too? This is just my "first car" and I am still undecided what to purchase. I think its best to decide what car you want before you meet up with your future car's owner right? If you were in my shoes whats the best first step or what car will you go for? thanks again appreciate it alot.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    go for the VTi.. it's a VTEC.. and that model still looks prestigious.. :D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you are choosing between the ESi and the VTi, no contest. VTi is better.
    for the 98 LXi and the 97 VTi, VTi pa din ako...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    98 city lxi, esi and vti.. vti din ako may vtec power pa..

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    VTi din ako hands down!!! but the car is a bit expensive but I hope that can serve me a good decade with regards sa city a friend told me to get a type z if im going with a city for some reasons i forgot how much would a reasonable 97-00 vti cost me?..some lovelife corolla bandwagon friends told me to get a gli instead but it looks boring and is roaming our streets with taxi banners all over a lancer Glxi option was just recently erased by a friend who owns one due to its suspension problems. its hard to choose a car but I still have up till late this year to decide

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ma4ma View Post
    VTi din ako hands down!!! but the car is a bit expensive but I hope that can serve me a good decade with regards sa city a friend told me to get a type z if im going with a city for some reasons i forgot how much would a reasonable 97-00 vti cost me?..some lovelife corolla bandwagon friends told me to get a gli instead but it looks boring and is roaming our streets with taxi banners all over a lancer Glxi option was just recently erased by a friend who owns one due to its suspension problems. its hard to choose a car but I still have up till late this year to decide

imho. the corolla lovelife too is such a nice car, forget about the thought that it is being used as a taxi.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    honda 97 VTi..ok pa din ang porma..and pag honda prestige ang dating

94 ESi or 97 Vti?