New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    guys, what are the different variants for this accord model? and what's the difference between them? like what's the difference of an EXI model to others? thanks guys. hanggang 1.6 cars lang ang meron kami eh. wala ko gano idea sa mid size cars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    EXI - non-vtec 2.0L
    VTi - VTEC 2.0
    VTi-S - VTEC 2.2L ata with leather interior, swirl mags, and trunk spoiler

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    additional question

up to what model year did the Accord had an M/T tranny?

Reason I asked is because I see some used Accord ads mentioning Model 98 but with M/T tranny, I thought all model 98 Accords and upwads are slushbox na.

thanks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ssaloon View Post
    EXI - non-vtec 2.0L
    VTi - VTEC 2.0
    VTi-S - VTEC 2.2L ata with leather interior, swirl mags, and trunk spoiler
    when you say non v-tec 2.0 engine. does this mean mas malakas consumption nya ng gas compared to 2.0 vtec engines? and less powerful sya compared to its vtec counterpart? thanks

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hanggang 97 lang yung style na yon.

IIRC there was also an executive/premier edition that had gold emblems instead of silver

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    eto ang Accord na usong uso sa mga college chinoy's nuon... hahaha

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by artpogi View Post
    additional question

up to what model year did the Accord had an M/T tranny?

Reason I asked is because I see some used Accord ads mentioning Model 98 but with M/T tranny, I thought all model 98 Accords and upwads are slushbox na.

thanks
    AFAIK, the model 98-00 was available in manual as well automatic transmission. Starting 01-02 I'm not so sure since Honda began marketing the Accord as an alternative to the (at that time) best selling Cefiro so automatic may have been more sellable than a manual so the manual might have been dropped.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    when you say non v-tec 2.0 engine. does this mean mas malakas consumption nya ng gas compared to 2.0 vtec engines? and less powerful sya compared to its vtec counterpart? thanks
    Due to the nature of the VTEC engine, it would get an extra boost in the upper ranges of the RPM.

Btw, the VTEC engine for the 96-97 Accord was 2.2li (VTI) while the non vtec engine was only a 2.0li (EXI). As expected, the higher displacement engine will gorge more fuel.
    Last edited by number001; November 8th, 2006 at 08:47 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    the VTi and VTiL had the same engine. they differ on the interior trim. both 2.2L engines.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    how much does these 3: EXI, VTI, VTI-L fair in the second hand market? thanks guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
94-98 Accord Variants?